Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 03:06 AM

Default How\'s my line?

Third hand at table...thus no reads.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
Old 09-23-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: How\'s my line?

Raise the river and call a cap, if he has AA then so be it, but you're going to see AJ, AQ, or AK far more often and it'll get you 2 extra BB. If he has KT you can note that he'll cap on a gutshot draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 03:20 AM

i would raise the river for value because i believe he will call with hands that you're beating. you're only behind AA, KT, and T8 on the river (correct me if i'm missing something). without reads, i don't think an average player would play any of those hands like this. it looks like he hit two pair or has 99.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:29 AM

You could have tried to C/R the turn perhaps. You're way in front.

3 bet the river, call a cap, and watch him muck two pair (If he's got KT, or even better T8, smile knowingly as you'll take your money back soon enough!)
Old 09-23-2005, 03:34 AM

But what would he be capping the flop with that was helped by the river? He wouldn't cap AJ into pf raiser. Not K10, set of nines maybe, and he was scared of a higher set after he capped, but thought his hand might be good later in the hand? Maybe. He might also play AQ like that. You're only losing to Aces that didn't raise pf or raise the turn, or a badly played K10 or a worse 810. I think you can three-bet the river. If he caps I'd call and be a little worried but still think on enough occasions it's a guy overplaying a hand rather than trickily underplaying a hand. Ha ha I said trickily. So I'd three-bet and call a cap.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:37 AM

Fine. Except I would have capped the river. The only way he beats us is if he completely overplayed a straight draw on the flop with T8 or KT. He probably just has two-pair.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:49 AM

I agree with everyone else here, 3-bet the river. I don't see him capping with a gutshot draw, which is all that beats you but an overset.

Whatever villain had, he played it poorly.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:56 AM

check-raise the turn, raise the river.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Can you believe he had...

Whether it's because I'm still a little chicken or I smelled something funny (I want to believe it's the genius, not the wimp)...

HE TURNED OVER AA!!!

I can't believe someone would leave that much money on the table! I can believe the smooth call pre-flop...that did well to disguise his hand (if that's what he intended.) But we almost certainly would've capped the turn because who believes another set is out there?

I had him for AQ, A9, AJ, AT on the flop. On the turn I was sure I had him since he just called. His raise on the river is suspicious/odd. If he's holding a monster, why just call the turn? That had me over-worried about KT. That's almost certainly wimp, not genius.

Next time I'll cap the river...and eat the big [censored] sandwich if he has aces. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Can you believe he had...

[ QUOTE ]
Whether it's because I'm still a little chicken or I smelled something funny (I want to believe it's the genius, not the wimp)...

HE TURNED OVER AA!!!

I can't believe someone would leave that much money on the table! I can believe the smooth call pre-flop...that did well to disguise his hand (if that's what he intended.) But we almost certainly would've capped the turn because who believes another set is out there?

I had him for AQ, A9, AJ, AT on the flop. On the turn I was sure I had him since he just called. His raise on the river is suspicious/odd. If he's holding a monster, why just call the turn? That had me over-worried about KT. That's almost certainly wimp, not genius.

Next time I'll cap the river...and eat the big [censored] sandwich if he has aces. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he thought you were chopping and wanted to save rake.