Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should le popinjay choose?
ignorance 18 50.00%
truth 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Conan or Jay? Who do you like?

[ QUOTE ]
Letterman in his prime made me laugh more than anybody. Carson just didn't make me laugh that much. Leno made me laugh with his monologue when he was Carson's Monday Night replacement but for some reason when Leno took over the show his monologues didn't make me laugh much anymore. Without a funny monologue Leno doesn't have much. The highlight of his interview skills seems to be stepping on the guests' punchlines. Letterman's strength has become his interviews, although all the talk about kids is getting tiresome. For the most part though, I think the Letterman interviews are the best on television these days.

I have tried getting into Conan's humor with his early shows and again recently with all the buzz about him. I just don't like the humor. It's like, lets see how outrageous and annoying we can be just for the sake of being outrageous and annoying. It doesn't make me laugh. There's no wit to it. It's witlessly annoying attention grabbing stuff that just makes me want to turn the channel. If he goes to 11:30 I'll check him out again but I'd rather see some new yet to be discovered comic genious come along for the show.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you about Conan, his humor is obnoxious and silly though I do like the talking mouth routine.

Many