Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: December VIP offers

OMG.. I guess i will receive the same answer if i email them.. In November i got more than 45000 points and paid more than 11000$ in rake and they are making fun of us. I am waiting for pokerstars to announce their VIP program.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As we see that you are a special player on our site we would like to offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus up to a maximum of $100 on your next deposit through the iGM-Pay Deposit option.

This is a release-restricted bonus. You will be required to play 5 times the bonus amount in raked hands within 30 days of your deposit (using your checking account).

Please quote the bonus code "IGMPAY" when making your deposit and we will do the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is classic!! I always like when they add that onto the end of an email.

Im suprised they didnt notice that you were super special and offer you this one.

[ QUOTE ]
TELL A FRIEND AND YOU GET $50 AND YOUR FRIEND GETS $25,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:08 AM

lmao. well the first one was a form letter. I got it also. the second one is just funny.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 AM

Here's the latest reply to my "You're kidding right?" response. At least they mention something relevant...

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

Firstly these offers are not your December deal this in being put
together now, and should be with you shortly.

I am sorry you feel we do not offer a competitive incentive program,
but we stick by our offers, so far this month we have given you the
chance to win $1 million for the "Touchdown" promotion with $400 up for
grabs for just answering the five football questions each week, we also
offered you the chance to take part in the "Santa's party pack" offer (you
have 9 days so far this month already were you have earned enough
points) were you could have earned an extra $300, we have given you a
deposit bonus worth upto $100. so in total you have had the chance to re
coupe $800 without the main December promotion, which for most players is
about 20/25% of the what you put in.

So please keep an eye on the "news and events" page on the web site and
also by logging into the "my account" section you will see any targeted
promotions which you are eligible for. please be patient and we will
send you a further deal for December.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our
customer care department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you
via email at vip@partypoker.com

Enjoy your Day
Darren
VIP Club
Customer Care Department
Old 12-14-2005, 09:13 AM

At least they said that this 100$ was not your December deal and they will send you soon a good offer Let us know if they/when they send u an offer. Good luck btw
Old 12-14-2005, 11:21 AM

lol... 12/14 and still no offer yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 11:54 AM

so I sent an email directly to the promotions offer, and got this reply:

> We have not yet put out a VIP offer for December, and I know this does not
> look good as it is the 14th of the month.
>
> We will try and get it out as soon as possible.

my response:

Hi XXXXX,

I was looking over my records the other day and it looks like Party Poker has taken somewhere around $25,000 worth of rake from pots that I have won on the site. Crazy, huh?

So I've been thinking a lot the last couple of days about how I got totally burned on my november bonus, and now this. And I've realized that this december bonus when (if?) it comes had better be one hell of an offer (and soon), or I am done with PP. Just thought you'd like to know.

patiently waiting,
XXXX

fyi - the november burn was completing ~90% of my raked hand requirements but only getting 62% of my bonus. The reasoning? playing at a lower level than I was in Oct (thanks for rubbing it in that I suck at poker you [censored]). this after being told by numerous reps over the phone that the level I played at didn't matter - explaining the refusal to email concrete offers, they are just making this [censored] up as they go
Old 12-14-2005, 01:09 PM

That really sucks getting paid the 62% of the bonus for the 90% of the hands and above all the stupid excuses :/ I cannot stand stupid excuses.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 PM

I too can't stand stupid/bad excuses.

My situation wasn't quite so bad.

Even though they were short in paying me I did actually get the Thanksgiving pop-up bonus thingee too so I actually got paid a little bit more than the original offer (because they accidentally sent me a 2nd offer I think).

Before that 2nd payment came in though (at which I point I stopped arguing) I had a few e-mails with Darren ALL of which were trying to convey to him that what I was told initially should be what Party stands by.
And it's like he's got his hands over his ears and is just saying, "But if we did it that way then that would be wrong."
Ummmm...Darren...if doing it that way is wrong for you guys then don't do it that way to begin with. That was the offer I received and you guys DID change the rules.

My last e-mail on this to them:

I understand you might be following company policy here or perhaps you are caught in the middle somewhat.
But I have still been wronged in this matter.

The offer that was extended to me was quite clear in this regard.
If I played hands amounting to 78% of the target then I would receive money that is equal to 78% of the incentive money.
There was no way that this could have been misunderstood yet you are trying to make it sound like your version was part of the deal all along (that if I failed to meet the target that Party could pay me less than the equivelent of the goal-money).

I was told that if I played 50% of the target I would get exactly 50% of the money. And if I played 75% of the target I would get 75% of the money...etc etc.

You may think that your way of going about the deal is appropriate but if the rules were changed (from the way it was explained to me) or the info I received was no longer accurate then I most certainly should have been notified.

I have a right to know the rules BEFORE spending a whole month pursuing the target and the goal-money....yet Party is changing these rules AFTER the fact.

I don't think this situation is terribly fair nor do I believe it reflects well on your company.

I know other Party VIP'ers who were told similarly as I was. They are equally upset that they have been under-paid from what they were told they were going to get.

If your company wishes to do it in the future the way that you are outlining then that's fine.
But for this month's terms I can only go by what I was told of how it would work...and that is quite different from what Party is telling me now.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

I will base my decision on whether to continue to play at Party on your response to this situation (and possible remedy) as well as whatever offer I may be receiving for December (speaking of which...these offers are coming quite late aren't they? I would think Party would have wanted to send these out by now).

Thanks again,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Daniel's stellar response (which I'm still not sure I really understand...but maybe it's all tied in to that 'rake' stuff that everyone else is getting in responses):

Bob:
I am sorry you are still unhappy with the bonus we have given you.

We are not changing the rules, but you must understand the when the goals were set the offer that was made to you was based on you achieving that goal. By not meeting the stated goal we cannot be expected give you what would amount to an even greater bonus for less play.

Had you played a lesser number of hands but still achieved the projected activity level we would have been able to give you an equal percentage of the bonus.

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,
Daniel Wexler
Old 12-14-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We are not changing the rules, but you must understand the when the goals were set the offer that was made to you was based on you achieving that goal. By not meeting the stated goal we cannot be expected give you what would amount to an even greater bonus for less play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is total gobbledegook.

Good to know Party weeds out reps who have a basic understanding of grade school mathematics. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]