Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 PM

Default I get one right?

Every time I think I played a hand well I post it and find out otherwise. I therefore come to you all again. This one felt very right so let's see.

Villian in this hand is a multitabling TAG. He is like 26/16/2 and almost certainly one of you guys. The BB is also TAGish but I have fewer hands on him.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

comments? I'll share the river later. Maybe this is simple?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: I get one right?

What are you doing checking the turn? I don't agree with that at all. You will get calls from many pocket pairs and are only behind to the case 2 or AA. Why didn't you bet?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:34 PM

He's trying to get a bet out of air that would fold to a bet on the turn.

I still bet the turn though, this could easily be a pp you're losing value from. Plus I'll bet this turn with k-high sometimes given the action, so I feel I need to bet it with the ace too~
Old 12-24-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing checking the turn? I don't agree with that at all. You will get calls from many pocket pairs and are only behind to the case 2 or AA. Why didn't you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

See. It is starting already. This guy is a good player. He knows that I know he is a good player. You don't think he finds a fold with 66 here?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:36 PM

I would check turn as well had there not been a three bet preflop. I'm pretty sure he's calling down pps here and I'll take 2 bets over one any day!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think he finds a fold with 66 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me more like he'll call down but doesnt want to get raised.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:39 PM

I don't play at that high a level, but I'd tend to bet the flop.

And, I'd definitely bet the turn because you are ahead of most hands here.

Doc
Old 12-24-2005, 03:39 PM

misplayed on every street [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually quit raising A anthing from the CO 6 handed, but thats just cuz I suck with them postflop.

I like the turn, but I think betting may be better, he will call you down with any PP, and there is only 1 combo of AA to fear. I think hes less likely to have a KJ type hand than normal since he 3 bet your CO steal, not button steal. But I think it all hinges on how he would actually play a PP, if he would bet the turn with it, then I check
Old 12-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Alobar-You quit raising all AX from CO, I don't understand that reasoning. Care to explain?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See. It is starting already. This guy is a good player. He knows that I know he is a good player. You don't think he finds a fold with 66 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

will he call the river with it tho, when another overcard falls and you bet? you are also giving him a free card to a 3 outter (yeah I know, not much, but still).

if hes going to give up, you might as well make him fold now. The reason I would like it is if he has KJ or something, that way he can catch on the river