Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: A Post Splitting Suggestion for Elite Players-MLG et al

A similar system was put into effect where posters titles were different colors based on their forum status. This created great strife amongst posters and was quickly pulled. I don't see a system like this working in the best interest of the forum. Although it would be very informative and interesting to read it would also place a dividing line amongst the group.

Along these lines, however, something like the digest posts from the ring forums would probably be excellent - where the highest quality posts from the week are linked in a stickied thread so they don't get buried in forum oblivion. Another interesting thing going on over there is the "Curtains hand posts" - where Curtains allows a poster each day to pick through his HH files and pick hands that are interesting to post. Very neat stuff, especially when the hands are being posted by someone other than that player. The hand with the masters posts were great and got a lot of great posters involved, but I'm guessing Lloyd needs more hands sent in so he can pick some real gems to put through this process.

The ring forums are doing a lot of interesting things lately and I think we could probably employ some of their ideas with great success. We've also had a few steps in the right direction of our own and I think we should keep up with them. I don't think an "elite" posting status would be quite as successful or good for the health of the forum.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 PM

I wish people would stop saying [censored] like "elite" posters.

The quality of peoples posts is of a lot more importance than how high they play and if they are friends with some of the 2+2 MTT all-stars.

If the elite want to have a private discussion they can get a [censored] chatroom in aim.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Ansky, you gotta get laid. And fast.

But, i agree with you.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the elite want to have a private discussion they can get a [censored] chatroom in aim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. It turns into a "I'm better than you so you can't post here" type of feel. Not only is it not fair, I'm sure there are plenty of experienced/good players who DON'T post much but still have plenty to offer.

Bad idea.

MOVE ON.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. It turns into a "I'm better than you so you can't post here" type of feel. Not only is it not fair, I'm sure there are plenty of experienced/good players who DON'T post much but still have plenty to offer.

Bad idea.

MOVE ON.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-24-2005, 03:10 PM

what if we split the MTT forum into mid-high (100+ buy in say) and smaller stakes (under 100 obv)?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 PM

Ok guys. I am locking this and betgo's thread. I will create one central thread for splitting discussion, no need to clog up this very forum that were are complaining has too much noise with even more noise. Perhaps we create a high buyin, low buyin, and splitting forum suggestions forums?

Final Comprehensive Forum Splitting Thread

~Justin
Closed Thread