Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-18-2005, 10:52 PM
bosoxfan bosoxfan is offline
Junior Member

Location: massachusetts
Default I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

With all the complaints about the customer service at Absolute lately, I thought I'd share my story.

I played at Absolute a lot for a little while and then stopped playing there. They called with the VIP package thing. Some cash, a bonus, freerolls, and a T-shirt. So I made a deposit and was told my shirt would arive in 3-4 weeeks.

After a little over 4 weeks I hadn't received the shirt and sent an e-mail to see if there was a delay. No response. I sent 3 more e-mail before I finally got this back:
[ QUOTE ]
Dear Craig,

I am really sorry about the very late reply; after I received your email I
contacted our marketing department and got a confirmation that is was sent and
after that I emailed our shipper to find out what exactly happened but as of yet
I have not received a reply from them which is why I have been holding on
replying to you; but, I realize that this was a mistake on my part. As soon as I
find out anything I will email you back and let you know. Again, I apologize for
my lack of response to your email.

Sincerely,

Alexandra
Team Absolute ~ VIP Services
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
VIP@AbsolutePoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Old 12-18-2005, 10:55 PM
RollaJ RollaJ is offline
Senior Member

Location: Brooklyn
Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

"Thanks for reading...and I'm still waiting for my shirt. "
Thats the part they are laughing about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
IggyWH IggyWH is offline
Senior Member

Location: Pittsburgh - FIESTA BOWL BITCHES!

I hate seeing things like this.

While the guy obviously didn't reply to you the way you wanted, he did say he was working on things several times in emails you sent. Since it's going thru someone else to get you the shirt, what more do you think this guy could have done?

Was his reply appropriate? No, but who knows what you said in the various emails that you sent. I'm sure they have a mailbox full of things more important than multiple emails from you about a shirt.

You got someone fired because of a freakin shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself. There was no need to throw someone under a bus just to get what you wanted.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Guest

Maybe I am being extremely naive, but I can't believe these places treat their customers with such indifference. Meh, if the Stars VIP program is even remotely appealing, I know where I will be spending the majority of my playing time.

And, no, I am not affiliated with PS in any way, shape, or form.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:04 PM
JackOfSpeed JackOfSpeed is offline
Junior Member

Um, did the OP fire the guy? Iggy, if you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Absolute for (apparently) firing someone over something so (in your words) insignificant. But, if I was Absolute, I'd probably fire the guy too. If you owned a restaurant and one of your waiters told a customer who asked repeatedly when his steak was coming (when it really had been unacceptably long time since he had ordered the steak) "Stop bothering me, it won't make your steak come out any faster," are you telling me that you wouldn't fire (or at least severely reprimand) the waiter?

I think if anyone should feel bad here it should be you, belittling someone whose only crime was pointing out an example of poor customer service. Don't shoot the messenger.

[ QUOTE ]

Old 12-18-2005, 11:13 PM
bosoxfan bosoxfan is offline
Junior Member

Location: massachusetts

I think you're way off here. I didn't tell anyone to fire him or even that I thought he should be fired. The thing that was pissing me off was the lack of responses to my e-mails. His reply was the worst case of customer relations I had ever seen so I pointed it out to his boss. What he did from there was his choice.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:15 PM
IggyWH IggyWH is offline
Senior Member

Location: Pittsburgh - FIESTA BOWL BITCHES!

My whole point was there was no need to throw someone under the bus. We've all had bad days and not a single one of us is perfect. Maybe I understand this more because I have worked many crap jobs in my life and still work them. Things aren't perfect and as much as places like to say customer service is #1, there's no way in hell you can please everyone.

Like I said, the guys reply was wrong. There was no need to throw the guy under a bus though when obviously the OP has no clue why he got such a response.

I had a similar situation once when working once at Kmart. I was working my department alone (which there was supposed to be someone else working with me) and I also had to cover 2 other departments from people calling off. I had 2 customers waiting on me, 2 people on hold on the phone and then I get my manager paging me. I was going completely insane trying to walk to a phone when a customer stops me from a different department and asks me for help. I give them a quick blowoff that I'll find someone to help them out (in my mind I said it nicely but apparently they didn't think so) and crap hit the fan. They flipped out and started demanding to speak to my manager. I eventually got into a shouting match with them... they didn't deserve it but from the stress of the day I had just snapped.

I got my manager to talk to them, she explained the situation, I appologized and then everything was cool. These were rational people and they understood the situation. In the end, my manager didn't even say anything to me about it.

My point of this all is the OP obviously doesn't know the situation. He found it quite easily to go over this guys head when he was ready to throw him under the bus. Why wait that long? Why throw the guy under the bus? All the OP had to say was they were having problems getting a shirt they were promised and I'm sure the same result would have happened.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
bosoxfan bosoxfan is offline
Junior Member

Location: massachusetts

If the manager had spoke with the guy and the guy wrote me saying he had a bad day and was sorry, I would have been more than satisfied.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Guest

Um, I can't say whether the guy should've been fired or not, but you just don't do that in customer service. You just DON'T. OP had every reason to let someone else at AP know - it was Absolute who decided to fire the guy (if indeed they did)

If anything, you had more reason to be fired, what with the shouting match. I've been there (worked in a department store myself in high school), I know how it is. Sure, you can snap, but don't be surprised if you do get the boot - no matter how much of an asshat the customer is.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:25 PM
IggyWH IggyWH is offline
Senior Member

Location: Pittsburgh - FIESTA BOWL BITCHES!

[ QUOTE ]
If the manager had spoke with the guy and the guy wrote me saying he had a bad day and was sorry, I would have been more than satisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm not winning this one with the masses and I really don't care. If I can change maybe 1 person, then it's worth it for everyone who works crap jobs now and in the future.

My thing is you have no clue on the history of this matter. We, on this forum, have no clue what you said in your multiple emails. I remember one instance I think with PS where a guy was bitching about them and posted a response from one of the CS guys that made the guy look like a complete ass. There was a lot of uproar in the thread as to how could a CS guy say that.

That CS guy came on this forum and posted the emails that were sent to him and it made everything clear. The OP of that thread was saying all kinds of nasty crap to the CS guy.

From the emails I see that you posted, the guy told you that it was out of his hands and he was trying to help you out. What more do you want? I can only imagine him getting multiple emails from you when he told you it was out of his hands and he was trying for you, till eventually he snapped on you.