Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 03:43 AM

Default any experience with 24hpoker?

Hello,

I've been playing so much online poker for many years now. I haven't tried many other poker rooms. There're still some I have never played on. When 24hpoker just started I got free money to play. But there were hardly players at the table. I heard things got bad but then they were bought over by another company. I googled for reviews and most of the reviews give a high rating. Which is quite strange. The software is very simple and has no extra's. It's 9MB to download, which is huge. There're no cutting edge graphics, so it must be the engine that takes all the MB. Mostly european (Scandinavian and Russian) players, they're known as tough NL and PL players.
I'm making a review of the site and I'd like to have some help.

Would you consider playing there? If you already do, why are you playing there? If not, why not?
I would personally not play there. I don't like the cashier opening in another windows. It looks crappy. The software is ugly and old. Yesterday when I played for the first time the server had to be rebooted. I had trips on the flop... argh. But customer support gave me 20 euro for the trouble [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'd appreciate any input or thoughts about 24hpoker and skins (gutshot, unibet, no1poker, etc)
Old 08-23-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: any experience with 24hpoker?

I play there because they have triple draw tournaments.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 AM

here
Old 08-23-2005, 05:25 AM

yes, I have seen the review on bonuswhores. But I want more opninions.
I don't think a lot of American are playing there, just want to have a better view.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:39 AM

I'm pretty sure the American 2+2er who plays there the most is Tom Bayes, but I don't think he reads this forum, so you may want to PM him.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 AM

I used to play there, but stopped because I hate paying 1.9% every time I transfer cash (currency exchange fee).

The software isn't great, but it's no where near the worst site I play (Games Grid and Paradise both run slower on my machine; Absolute looks much worse). I find the software to be adequate, but a little on the slow side.

The games seem fairly soft to me. LH, PLO and PLO/8 are all stocked with at least a couple people that have no clue or tilt easily. I didn't play any of the other games. They do spread PL draw and Soko. Stud, stud/8, 2-7 TDL, and Omaha/8 rarely seem to run. There's a ton of NLH.

Probably the best reason to play is that primetime in Europe happens to be during the afternoon in the US. So, if you like to play earlier in the day, the games are much better than the sites that cater to US players.