Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Pair of tens

I had just sat down in this game and did not have a read on anyone when the tens were dealt. After being bet into and then raised before it got to me on the highly coordinated flop, I felt that UTG+2 turn bet was reason to fold as I put him on holding a six or possibly 5,6 thus I would be drawing to two outs to beat his boat or trips. I figured one of the other callers was on a flush draw which was true.

Was my fold correct?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between UTG+2, MP1, Button and BB.</font>
Old 09-08-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Pair of tens

I'd 3-bet the flop, lead the turn, and lead the river. I think this is a pretty bad fold.

Ponks
Old 09-08-2004, 10:52 PM

Call the flop and raise a blank on the turn.

If you are going to put your opponents on those hands with great reads than fold the flop. You'll see a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5, 77, bet/raise this flop and it's still likely you overpair is good.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 09-08-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Results

Yes it was a shitty fold. My tens over would have been good. Two players were on a flush draw, one on a open ended straight draw and the fourth had a five for two pair.

I must have had my head up my ass for giving these guys too much credit! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 12:16 AM

I have not looked at the results, but I think you have to 3bet the flop. Won't most people c/r you with trips here?