Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 06:31 AM

Default low limits in HUSH? (LC)

Any development on the HUSH split to low and mid/high?

I feel a bit silly answering/commenting about hands played in >3/6 when I have just started playing .5/1 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But I have noticed that I learn a lot faster if I read/post/comment, so I pretty much have to do it.....

Should I post these .5/1 hands in micros even if they are played in short? Or is it OK to post them here?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: low limits in HUSH? (LC)

I usually post the 1/2 ones I play in micro, although I never seem to get many responses on the interesting ones, probably because most micro players aren't familiar with them, such as heads up and blind play situations. So I just started posting them in here and cutting the 1/2 title from it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and cutting the 1/2 title from it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really bugs me and is one reason I advocate the split.

It's really annoying when the limit is not listed in the title (and I'm guilty of this on occassion, though I really don't post many hands).

I'm sorry, but I usually don't want to waste my time responding to generic posts of $5/10 and below. Sometimes, I do, but in that case, I'd rather just go to a low limit HUSH forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:06 AM

Yeah the difference between $1/2 and say $10/20 is pretty huge, I think it benefits everyone if they were discussed in separate forums.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 AM

i don't really care either way. i'd like low limit players to see my hands and i'll still troll that forum a bit.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:23 AM

i'd recommend that you dont do this. the number one reason is that games 10/20+ and 1/2 play a lot lot differently.

players in general are much more passive in 1/2 then they are at higher stakes. so if you post a hand where there are 3 players are playing aggressively, at 1/2 it can easily be a fold while if the game was 10/20 players may advocate raising or calling to raise the turn.

however if you're asking questions about blind defense or how to play against specific types of players, or preflop play, then the limit you're playing doesn't make that big a difference

stealthcow-
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 AM

I post a lot of 3/6 SH hands at micros but it feels a bit strange. I wish they do the split. 3/6 and 5/10 should be together though. Not much different games
Old 09-06-2005, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd recommend that you dont do this. the number one reason is that games 10/20+ and 1/2 play a lot lot differently.

players in general are much more passive in 1/2 then they are at higher stakes. so if you post a hand where there are 3 players are playing aggressively, at 1/2 it can easily be a fold while if the game was 10/20 players may advocate raising or calling to raise the turn.

however if you're asking questions about blind defense or how to play against specific types of players, or preflop play, then the limit you're playing doesn't make that big a difference

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only done this a couple of times and they were heads up or blind battles against a LAG, very applicable to even 10/20 but I feared I'd get no responses if I left it in. I wouldn't do this with some multiway hand asking about raising my flush draw for value. It's fairly easy to tell if the hand is at 1/2 though due to the pot size, although people probably don't want to bother with that.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:16 AM

Post 1/2 and below in micro.

Most of the SH concepts do not apply.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only done this a couple of times and they were heads up or blind battles against a LAG, very applicable to even 10/20 but I feared I'd get no responses if I left it in. I wouldn't do this with some multiway hand asking about raising my flush draw for value. It's fairly easy to tell if the hand is at 1/2 though due to the pot size, although people probably don't want to bother with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 blind battles against a LAG are *not* very applicable to 10/20, just FWIW. The caliber and tendencies of players at the different levels are different enough that you should just post the 1/2 and let everyone know, as most of us are familiar with both games as we've played most of the steps along the way as we moved up.

Rob