Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 09:05 PM

Default took a shot at 5 10 tonight...couple hands

limited myself to 200 hands. A couple of hands to see if the change in limits changes my play.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

hand #2

felt kinda lost on this one...planned to CR the flop...but...
no real reads (loose table)...BB is 48%/8% 60 hands FWIW

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

I won one hand, and lost the other...any guesses?
Old 05-28-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: took a shot at 5 10 tonight...couple hands

On the first one, my line would probably be to call the turn and raise the river (folding to a 3-bet), or just call down. By waiting until the river to raise, you force SB to continue betting if he is semi-bluffing and if SB has a strong hand, a river raise is scary enough to keep him from 3-betting with anything but a very strong hand.

Hand 2, either bet the flop, check-3-bet the flop, or do what you did and 3-bet the turn when you are raised. CO raised the flop, he's not going to have AJ unless he has the flush draw with it. You have top two pair on the turn, play like it.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:51 PM

Hand 1: Once the SB bets the turn I would call and check/call teh river, top pair you want to show down but you don't want to pay him off big if he has made his flush.

Hand 2: Not agressive enough, you made top two pair... raise and reraise. What are you afraid of? A straight? If anyone had the AJ they would raise preflop and the only guy that did has folded.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:55 PM

I'll take a stab...

In the first hand, I guess that SB had KX[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], QX[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], or A9s. Lost that one.

In the second hand, CO had either KX[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or QTs, and the BB had either QX or XT. Won that one.

Even close?
Old 05-29-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take a stab...

In the first hand, I guess that SB had KX, QX, or A9s. Lost that one.

In the second hand, CO had either KX or QTs, and the BB had either QX or XT. Won that one.

Even close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems reasonable to me...

However, something tells me CO made a set in the second hand....I am a suspicious bastard though.

Liam
Old 05-29-2005, 12:35 AM

Raise KQo preflop.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise KQo preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do, just not from UTG or UTG+1....depends on the table dynamics though.

results

hand #1 AA smooth called my raise preflop, and didnt get all from me he could have

Hand #2 MHIG

I felt like I was weak/passive on hand 2...thus the post. I liked hand 1, just unlucky to be up against bullets.

Thanks all