Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-23-2005, 09:27 AM

Default 4:1 to call preflop. What is your calling range?

Let say the action is this:

Preflop: Hero is BB with ??.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t50, Hero ...

What kind of range of hands do you call with in this situation. I am likely to call with hands that can flop me monsters and that are easy to get away from. I personally love to call with suited connectors, one gappers or two gappers here. The only cards I don't think about calling with here is like the bottom 40 and any A with low rag since that ace can get me into trouble. I am also really keen to fold marginal hands that I may get in trouble with like K10 but I may play those hoping to flop something better than TPNK.

So what is your calling range in this situation. You have a normal stack atm btw, around 1,500, blinds where 10/20.

I want to know if I should fold in these spots more or if my current play is ok. Keep in mind that I am looking for two pair or better, not TPNK here.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 4:1 to call preflop. What is your calling range?

With deep stacks my range is huge. I'm looking to play trash hands that have straight and flush potential like 74 suited, broadway hands hoping to make the straight, suited kings/aces for flush potential, etc. Pretty much any hand that I think has decent implied odds.