Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 AM

Default 10k Hand tuneup

long time reader, first time poster looking for some input. I feel like my numbers are probably in or around the target areas that they should be, but any constructive criticism would be great. If any other stats are needed let me know.

Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: 10k Hand tuneup

Fold more rivers. C/r less. Calm down on the turn. Stop getting worked in the BB.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:06 AM

It helps a lot to know which limit(s) this sample is from. "Ideal" stats change from limit to limit, particularly blind steals/defenses.

That in mind, I won't comment on blinds play in that regard.

Your VPIP looks good, from the SB is pretty good assuming this is a 1:2 blind structure.

You need to raise preflop a little more often. Your steal attempts isn't too bad, so I suspect this is a case of not raising out of the blinds often enough and/or not isolating on weak limpers enough. You limp/reraised two too many times over the sample.

The showdown numbers are kinda weird, but I'll chalk that up to the relatively small sample size. Looking at your W$WSF, it looks like you're running a wee bit cold. But your WtSD & W$SD numbers look like you've been running slightly hot. Like I said, probably just sample size.

If you're playing on a limit where you're often 3-handed or less on the flop after a raise, you are checking the flop way too often after raising. Continuation bets will win you a lot of pots, and make it tougher for your opponents to lay down weaker hands when you do hit the flop. Of course if there are 7 to the flop and you just whiffed with AK, there isn't much point in betting.

Your AF by street is off--flop aggression should be your highest, with turn aggression just slightly lower, and river aggression a good notch less. You aren't putting in nearly enough raises on the flop, which in turn means that you aren't protecting your hands well enough (or buying outs when you don't currently have the best hand). There are of course times when it's better to just call a flop bet, true, but you have to recognize the situations where a raise is called for, or where you'd be better off leading the action yourself.

I think you're actually calling a little too often on the river, although the small sample size will skew this stat heavily.

Don't sweat the red numbers on your blinds--you're supposed to lose money there. And the sample size isn't nearly large enough to draw any meaningful analysis out of your win rates by position.

Overall it doesn't look bad. Some minor points that I mentioned, but your numbers are close to where they should be in most cases. I'd mainly just look to notch up your aggression, particularly on the flop, a little.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:32 PM

These stats are from 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10.

My play is nearly identical in all limits as the games I'm playing are largely the same. 5/10 tends to be a bit more aggressive, but not terribly so.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:04 PM

I'm finding it odd your'e never 7 off the the button. Always 9 seat games?? Absolute?? What site, it actually DOES play a difference as each network has a different type of player.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:46 PM

Does anyone else think that there is alot of limping from early position in particular. Depending on the typical table, I understand limping later, but I don't do much limping at all from the first couple positions.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:03 PM

ahh yes... that makes sense now.

Was wondering how someone figured out I was playing at Absolute. 9 handed ring games of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Indeed I am playing at Absolute. It's not the only place I play, but it IS my largest sample. All told I probably have about 20k hands in my database, but the other 9k are spread over UB,party,stars,pokerroom. Nothing really worth posting about yet.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:07 PM

I actually think this is a problem with my hatred of the early positions and hands like QKo, AJo, etc. Hands with value from any spot but hands that I also hate having to put in 3 or 4 bets preflop with.

I wonder if I would be better off raising with marginal +EV hands or just folding.

I'm glad you brought that up though because that's definately something I've thought about many times, and am having a hard time answering for myself.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed I am playing at Absolute. It's not the only place I play, but it IS my largest sample. All told I probably have about 20k hands in my database, but the other 9k are spread over UB,party,stars,pokerroom. Nothing really worth posting about yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you (and us) would find it much more valuable to see your stats from one limit over all the sites you are playing on - versus all limits from one site.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 AM

Well - perhaps my hatred for Absolute is clouding my judgement. It's the only place I have never done well at.

Folding to a river bet does seem way out of whack. Almost like you can not believe you are beat. The norm is about 43% - which would mean you have folded 38 times less often then the typicle winner in that situation.

Besides that TO ME it looks like you are in a cold streak.

as Harv72b says

Aggression numbers are a little odd. The Flop you are sort of passive. Betting and Raising on the flop are low. TO much checking. Raise/bet or fold, checking sucks - take the lead, take control. Reread Millers book - page 153 about Protecting your Hand - I think it's one of the most important concepts in all books.