Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Upping my preflop raise %

I have about an 8k sample size of hands since I finished reading SSHE for the third time, and feeling like I fully understand all of its concepts. I make my preflop limp/raise decisions based on that spreadsheet based on the SSHE charts that some 2+2'er made a while back.

At about 5k hands I noticed my PFR% was at about 6.75%, and it fluctuates +/- .5%. I have read in the forums a few times where people posted their 10k hand summaries, with PFR% of 9 or 10%, and they got replies saying they need to up that percentage a little bit.

So I am obviously too passive preflop, and I tried making adjustments to up that percentage a bit. I started raising things like KTo, KJo, QJo, and a few others from later position with 1 or 2 callers for isolation purposes. I have also started raising pretty much anything worth limping on from late position with no callers to attempt to steal the blinds (not so easy at .5/$1). I have also done things like raise suited connectors, or anything suited worth limping on from late position with many callers, to up the pot size if I hit a draw. All these actions have brought my PFR% to about 7.5% +/-.5, But I still feel like that is too low, and I'm sure the general consensus will be the same.

How can I go about raising my PFR%? What other changes should I make to the SSHE charts to up my raise percentage closer to 10%? I also want to point out that I am able to play more hands comfortably postflop, and feel like I am pretty competent with a 3.25 BB/100 winrate over 8k hands.

Thanks