Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 PM

Default traveling with animals

has anyone ever traveled with an animal on a plane. particularily british airways. did it go smoothly? Also, has anyone brought a cat into the U.S.? smoothly? problems?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: traveling with animals

I have traveled with a small dog that they let me carry on with me but never a cat or larger animal.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:35 PM

I've travelled with a cat (in cabin) and dog (in the hold) in and out of the U.S. several times. I love my pets but it is major pain. It is costly, it involves a lot of effort, and there are also embargo periods during the summer because of temperature issues.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've travelled with a cat (in cabin) and dog (in the hold) in and out of the U.S. several times. I love my pets but it is major pain. It is costly, it involves a lot of effort, and there are also embargo periods during the summer because of temperature issues.

[/ QUOTE ] what airline? they let you have the cat in the cabin? what if people were allergic to cats? i think BA charges about $150. also in layovers, do they transfer the animal, or do you have to do it?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM

It was Delta the times I did it. Allergies were not an issue, but I know they only allow a couple of animals max in the cabin at a time. The fees vary and we purposelt avoided layovers more than a couple of hours to make things "simpler". There are also a lot of vet related expenses depending on the countries involved. Most airlines have all of their travelling with pets infor easy to find on their websites.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM

I took my dog in the cabin many times but I have never seen a cat in a cabin before.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Great Site / Traveling with Animals Domestic & International

http://www.ramblincat.com/index.html

Should answer all your questions.

Helped me with my plans of flying my 2 cats via air.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:48 PM

tell us the specifics of your problem. 2+2 may not be able to help you, but it might be interesting.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 PM

Last year I took a plane trip in the Ukraine from Kiev to Odessa, and there was an inredibly slutty girl on the flight, with a cat on a lead. She had bought the cat its own seat (the plane was full), and it just sat there looking smug.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year I took a plane trip in the Ukraine from Kiev to Odessa, and there was an inredibly slutty girl on the flight, with a cat on a lead. She had bought the cat its own seat (the plane was full), and it just sat there looking smug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume the chick was hot and exotic. Or just strange and still vaguely hot in a freaky kind of way. Cat freaks are weird, but usually good in the sack. Buying a cat it's own seat is really [censored] weird. even if she is russian.