Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-11-2005, 10:39 AM

Default AQ what now?

I have no clue what to do on the turn. Do I just check the flop with loose players? I've been autobetting any flop but it had not worked too well. What should I do here on the turn? Button can have any 2-cards. He has been playing many many cards like 75o OOP. Maybe I should call it with my 9~ outs right? What if I miss the river? Do I still call it? Help appreciated!

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB
Old 12-11-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: AQ what now?

The real purpose of the flop bet is to win the pot or thin the field to increase you odds of winning UI. With only 2 opponents, it's fine if you expect UTG+1 to fold a hand like AJ, a pair of 8's etc. The read you didn't include is what kind of hand would he bet. Is he the type that will play any two AND then bluff if no one shows strength. If so, call down your Ace high.

On the turn you have about 7 outs (1.5 for each overcard and 4 for the K's). Your getting 5.7:1 which is enough to call. On the river, it's really read dependent if you call down UI. I probably would here because 1) your A high might be good and 2) I'd like some information on what he bets when I show weakness.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no clue what to do on the turn. Do I just check the flop with loose players? I've been autobetting any flop but it had not worked too well. What should I do here on the turn? Button can have any 2-cards. He has been playing many many cards like 75o OOP. Maybe I should call it with my 9~ outs right? What if I miss the river? Do I still call it? Help appreciated!

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this turn. If button is that loose, he probably just paired the board. I'd give your overcards around 4.5 outs (in case of reverse domination) plus 4 more outs for your gutshot. You didn't mention if button will call down with any piece of the board, or even if he has nothing. If he's calling down with anything, check/call is probably better than bet. But if he's a bit tighter than that, there may be a small chance he'll fold if we bet the turn.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:48 AM

Flop continuation bet with 2 people in is standard. If they're tight they might fold, if they're loose they might peel with worse hands.

With our increased hand strength (more outs), I'd also bet the turn. If we're UI on the river, whether I check-call or check-fold depends alot on my read of Villain. If he's fairly passive, on this relatively drawless board I'd usually check-fold, since he's more likely to be peeling with a pair here.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:24 PM

I don't bet this turn but I sure as hell call it.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:04 PM

Okay I see thanks everyone. I was completely lost here. I just looked back at my HH and felt like 'oh what to do' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 PM

bet turn intending to:

assuming no improvement on river
when raised, call and check/fold river
when called, check/call river

when improved, reevaluate on river based on how you improved =P
Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 PM

(newbie grunch) I would call this. With a gutshot to the nuts and two overcards, i give you ~7 outs, getting 5.5-to-1, plus the likelihood of another bet on the river if you hit your hand.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet this turn but I sure as hell call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious, are you check/calling because you dont believe there is enough fold equity for a profitable semi bluff? or to induce a bluff for value?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:00 PM

Could you please tell me more about fold equity. I've seen much talk about it but I don't know what it really means. Thanks.
Edit: I searched with "fold equity" but it came with sooo much results [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. If someone can link me to a thread or something that would be great!