Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-26-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Merging player notes between skins

Can anybody tell me how to merge my player notes from one skin to another (i.e. pokeroom to hollywood poker) so I don't have to re-analyse a player that I already have notes for on another skin? This is not a Pokertracker question. I'm refering to the note taking feature provided by the site itself. I play alot of stud so dont bother explaining how I can just get Pokertracker to do it.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Merging player notes between skins

There is a file called PlayerNotes.irf in each skins directory. It is in an XML kinda format. If you copy this file to each skin directory after every session, you will have it available in all skins.

But getting it merged the first time is either a manual effort, or you need to write a script to read them and do a merge. It would not be a difficult perl/php type of script to build.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:54 PM

There was a cool OS trick where you made links to one file in all your skins. So, the EmpirePoker note file wasn't really a notefile at all, but rather a pointer to the Party notefile. It was a cool trick.

You might be able to find it in a search, or maybe somebody smarter than me can chime in.
-Sam
Old 12-31-2005, 06:56 PM

I'm not very good with computers. But I thought I did it right . I went into the pokeroom resouses directly and copied the PlayerNotes.irf file and pasted it to my desktop.I went into the same directory in holdempoker and dragged the copied notes over top of the holdempoker playernotes.irf and was asked if I wanted to replace. I clicked yes. when I went in to play at holdempoker my notes werent there. What am I doing wrong?