Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Instafold in the 33s?

I think most will disagree with you. I love having the short stack on my left. Maybe someone else can take the time to explain but I'm a bit too busy right now.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:59 AM

I think I disagree with me too, after giving some thought to it.. At first I just figured that having shortie on your right would be ideal, since you could push just about every time after him folding pf. If his on your left, he could pick up on your bullying and double up with any decent hand.

But of course it's not so cool to have shortie on your right since that (should) mean that he will often be the first one to push.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:19 AM

If this guy has been stealing liberally, I call. It's not a "spite" call or fishy. If you can't call here, this guy is basically correct to steal with just about anything. You must gamble with A-high in these situations. You end up busting 4th and 5th a lot, but the other times you're the table leader and score more 1st places finishs. That, and others will be far less likely to steal on you when they know you'll call with moderate hands.

Those who say "easy fold", what are your calling standards at 200/100 blinds with this guy pushing a lot?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey spongey, can you explain to me why I should be sitting to the right of known pushers instead of the left? maybe this is stupid of me, but I'd rather know what your action is so that I can act on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, the idea is that postflop positional advantages aren't worth considering in Party SNGs, and then on top of that, even if you know they are pushing with any two it can frequently be incorrect to call anyway. Furthermore, this type of player probably also has an appropriately tight calling range to make your own stealing from them easier. You'd rather take your chances with somebody who won't steal often enough and then be in position to steal from the good player.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:11 AM

If ICM says this is a call then what reasoning are some of you using to justify a fold? You can't just say "easy fold", have that contradicted by the number crunching, and expect us to buy it.

I'm genuinely interested because I would probably fold this but I have no rational reason for it that I can formulate into words.

From SnG PT:
22+, A2+, KQ, KJs gives +0.0%. My raising range from the button is wider than that.
22+, A2+, K2+, Q9+ gives +1.7%, a clear call.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 AM

The best argument I can think of is that they wanna wait for better opportunities later.