Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Help me pick a lock this week for my suicide pool.

Well 4 left to the money. A nice 850 to the winner so I don't wanna [censored] up now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Well who should I pick this week? Here are the teams that I cannot use: Bills, Eagles, Colts, Cinn., Denver, Seattle.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Help me pick a lock this week for my suicide pool.

The Skins at home. Alex Smith is in trouble against that D.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:55 PM

yea definately skins
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 PM

At first look I'd agree with Washington. How much was your entry fee? Might be time to hedge this bet a little, taking the niners and the points (or even a small moneyline bet on the niners). When you've got the ability to pick a team at this point with such a large spread, various hedging opportunities open themselves up....
Old 10-19-2005, 07:08 PM

if there is no point spread requirement, then use the highest priced favorite to win on the moneyline (straight up), with heavy bias towards home teams. a bunch of us used this method last week to pick Seattle for another guy's suicide pool, and the seahawks won handily.

using pinnacle's lines, the main games this week are redskins -710 and falcons -300. I would definitely use the redskins here because a) they probably don't need to be used more than once in your pool this season, and b) this is the easiest game they're going to play this year.

the colts are -972, but you already used them and they're playing on the road.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:34 PM

First off, I also agree that the Skins are his best play, but it seems likely that the other three opponents will do the same, assuming they have not used Washington as well.... please advise if this is the case.

I also suppose that assuming that if all four remaining competitors still have not used the Skins, and we assume that his opponents will likely jump on this team, would it be a good idea to pick another team, and if Washington loses, he could win the whole thing.

And if Washington loses, and he loses, he could still tie? What is the rule if all four competitors lose this week?

This is probably too much thinking in advance, but if all of you pick the Redskins and the Redskins lose, do you divvy up the pot four ways, or do you play on next week. Seems like you might just be skipping week 7 either way...
Old 10-20-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I also agree that the Skins are his best play, but it seems likely that the other three opponents will do the same, assuming they have not used Washington as well.... please advise if this is the case.

I also suppose that assuming that if all four remaining competitors still have not used the Skins, and we assume that his opponents will likely jump on this team, would it be a good idea to pick another team, and if Washington loses, he could win the whole thing.

And if Washington loses, and he loses, he could still tie? What is the rule if all four competitors lose this week?

This is probably too much thinking in advance, but if all of you pick the Redskins and the Redskins lose, do you divvy up the pot four ways, or do you play on next week. Seems like you might just be skipping week 7 either way...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went with the Falcons for this reason in my pool. (But I am a greedy bastard.)