Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: 66 in BB

Gettin' dirty at a tight-arse table . . .

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

mmmmmmmmmm . . .
Old 12-03-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

Paradise Poker $2/$4

Hero is in SB with T6o.
Action is folded to Hero. Hero completes. Villian checks.

Flop
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villian checks

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 1 BB.
Results:
<font color="white">Hero has full house, Sixes over tens
Villian has [83o] (a pair of sixes)
(I) Villian say: "nh"
He answers: "yeah, super"</font>
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 02:05 AM

I'd snicker at you if it weren't for the fact that you won the maximum from that guy anyway.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd snicker at you if it weren't for the fact that you won the maximum from that guy anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet you 2-1 he'd have called on the flop.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet you 2-1 he'd have called on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on, sucka.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:16 AM

I doubt I would have, but I wasn't put to that test.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 AM

So, I got a PM this evening constructively criticizing this thread. The guy said that because of how difficult it is to maintain a coherent strategy discussion of a particular hand when new hands are coming in all the time, the thread is a failure. I'm not sure either way. One thing I do think is that this thread is attracting posts from boat+ hands that may not have been posted in the first place, rather than acting strictly as a depository for boat+ hands that someone wanted to post, but then decided to put in here.

What do you guys think? To the people who've posted hands, do you think you've received adaquate commentary? To the rest, do you think there's good discussion here? Is this more effective than the alternative of having the occasional "Watch me check my quads to the river" thread? Pipe up. *ominous music* The fate of the thread hangs in the balance!

Also, by questioning this thread, I mean no disrespect to Jax. He went out on a limb to try an experiment. Some experiments work. Some fail. Either way, we learn something. Win, lose, or draw, I think there's been plenty gain to the forum from this.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:32 AM

I think the signal:noise ration in the forum is getting way too high. Part of this has to do with the 3 or 4 KOTKP3 that got started, most of which were good and justified.
The other things that had been cluttering it up were hands with one street that may have been slightly messed up because of reads. Most of these tend to be slowplaying/high hand type posts. Also, there were a few stats posts, but lately they've retreated to Greg's stats thread.
I think the lack of a NC thread is decreasing the quality of some of the others.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:36 AM

I am very pleased with the replies to my hand. When tilt said he would have check raised the turn instead, it made me think. And Tubasteve did some great math(which I am incapable of). I think this thread is a good idea. I would not have posted that hand otherwise. Afterall, who wants to see another boat take down a monster pot? You will get a lot of brag hands, but most boat or better hands are just beating up on fish anyway.

I think big hands are something that deserves discussion from time to time. Yeah, they're easy to win with, but when it somes to the bottom line, you want to win as much as possible to boost that winrate. I don't even read the "Did I play these Aces correctly?" posts any more.

If people will describe the hand in the subject line, it might be easier to navigate the thread. And reads are a must. If you don't have them, you don't have them, but it would help in the strategy of the hand.

my .02
Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If people will describe the hand in the subject line

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good idea.