Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 02:43 AM

Default AA hands: one winner, one loser.

I won one, I lost one. Feel free to guess which is which and what the villains had.
Comments on my play on all streets welcome.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 09-23-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: AA hands: one winner, one loser.

Hand 1: I'm assuming the button and BB both folded after you raised the flop. Anyway, I would wait for the turn to raise this one. The pot is so big right now that your opponents are correct to call with gutshots, bottom pair, or pretty much any other longshot draw. An exception might be if a couple of your opponents are weak/tight enough to make incorrect flop folds, but I think this is unlikely.

After calling on the flop, you can raise if the turn is a blank and knock some of those draws out. If the turn is a really bad card like the one that came I think you can profitably fold to a bet... Although taking a shot at the pot with a bet is probably a good idea if it's h/u and checked to you.

Hand 2: With no reads I think this is a close decision on the turn, but I prefer just calling down. The button may be screwing around after picking up a draw, but I think it's more likely he flopped something good and was waiting for an expensive street to raise. The pot's too big and your hand is too strong to fold, but I don't think you have enough hand to 3bet this.

Hand 1 looks like you clearly won it and Hand 2 looks like you clearly lost... It's so clear that I think you may have posted some contrarian hands just to f*ck with the people guessing, so I'm going with the opposite and guessing you lost the first and won the second. If this reasoning doesn't make sense I'm too damn tired to care [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]