Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Party Snowball Tournament - A Joke

The orginzation of this tournament was terrible. 57 people were preregistered and there was no sort of check in or anything to ensure that people were actually there. When the tournament started only 18 people of 57 registered people were actually playing.

The tournament had 6 tables.

2 tables consisted of 1 player who was there and 9 who were not there and in away mode. This allowed these 2 players to accumulate monster stacks by just calling the big blind each hand and watching the other players at their tables auto fold.

Another table had 2 players who were there and 8 who weren't. These 2 players worked out a deal so that they would take turns stealing the blinds of the away people.

Another table had a simular arangement between 3 players.

Then there was a table with 5 players that were actually there.

Then there was the table that I was seated at which had a whopping 6 players that were there.

Obviously I had no chance at the 4000$ in prize money for the top 8 finishers as the players at the other tables were able to just sit back and accumulate the blinds of players who did not show up. I was only able to build my starting stack from 1000 to 2700 by actually playing poker as I was unable to steal more than 200 worth of blinds from away players as I was seated in a very bad position relative to the away players at my table. Obviously my 2700 stack wasn't enough because when the away players fianlly blinded out and the tables started to combine I was moved to a table that had a 12000 stack a 6000 stack a 5000 stack and several 3000 and 4000 stacks. These players didn't actually get their stacks from beating live opponents, but by getting the blinds of people who were away.

I no longer see any point in being signed up under this snowball program thats monthly tournament winner will end up being whoever is lucky enough to be seated at a table full of away people.