Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:58 PM

Default OT: Looking to deposit $500 somewhere

I'm looking to deposit $500 into a site, hopefully to play a variety of games - SNGs, MTTs, and limit ring games. I was curious as to what sites you guys recommend for bonuses. I will probably play a little more limit ring game poker up front to clear the bonus so a softer game there is obviously preferable.

Thanks for any and all input. I apologize if this information is listed elsewhere but I was hoping for up-to-date bonus opinions and thought you guys would be best to ask.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: OT: Looking to deposit $500 somewhere

Party is the typical answer here. Try www.bonuswhores.com.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:46 PM

Thank you, sir.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:53 PM

my neteller account?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM

i like absoulte poker,

all the SNGs ive played (under 5$) are soft, the limit ring games i have played are like an ATM, and i dont think im all that good, just applying small stakes holdem stragedy, but i dont play higher than 3/6

they have all types of games omaha and 7stud w/ hi/lo
the micro NL is fun to

i made 240$ playing 2 tables of 1/2 averaging 2.5BB/100 hands
and i really only ran hot once, and that was after losing 50 playing NL so it would have been more

i really dont play the tournys there, just not my thing
Old 11-28-2005, 11:09 AM

If you deposit at Party make sure to spend your first 45 days at the beginner tables. They are sweet.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:51 PM

$500 is about a fifth of my bankroll at the moment and I'm just looking to expand my game a little. Usually I play $33 and $55 SNGs at UB. I used to play 5/10 at UB but never really liked the flow of their games. Tons of tight players and fewer fish than I'd expect.

5/10 is going to be my game of choice and I may not even build a new bankroll on whatever new site I choose. If necessary, I'll just fund it from the main bankroll.

So I guess the more pointed question has evolved - who has the softest 5/10? Party?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Depending on how many tables you want to play I would say pacific is the softest. You can only play one table there and the bonuses are almost non existant.

On a side note you may want to think about a smaller game temporarily if you only have a 250BB BR. Or at least be willing to drop down if you hit some bad cards.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess the more pointed question has evolved - who has the softest 5/10? Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tk probably hit the nail on the head--Pacific is notorious for having absolutely terrible players at pretty much every limit, but the software is absolutely horrible and will not allow you to open more than 1 table at a time. If you just one-table anyway and don't mind the bugs & lame interface, Pacific is probably your best bet.

But if you prefer to multi-table, Party is where it's at. The 5/10 tables aren't what I would call easy, but they are certainly beatable for a good rate if you play solid poker & practice a bit of table selection. Party also has a lot of MTTs & SNGs to choose from, for pretty much every bankroll. The game selection is fairly limited, tho (just HE, Omaha, and Stud, plus hi/lo versions). Oh, and blackjack.

BonusWhores is a great resource, btw--I saw that someone referred you there earlier in the thread.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I would like the option of at least 2-tabling.

I suppose I'll check out Party Poker then. Sounds like with all of those players, there will never be a shortage of a game at whatever stakes I'm looking to play.

Thanks for all the ideas, guys.