Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Default nut str8 against flushed board...turn and river play?!?!

Hero is SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to Hero is SB who raises. Villain, normally tight and aggressive calls out of big blind.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero 3 bets Villain Caps.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero leads, Villain Raises, Hero Calls

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero?!?! I think the play is to lead out again. I cannot put him on a FH because he would have 3 bet me preflop. It is reasonable to think he has a flush but i could only see him having AQh or A9h here both I think he would have 3 bet me preflop with. I don't think he would call with q9 or less.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: nut str8 against flushed board...turn and river play?!?!

I check/call here. I highly doubt it will check thorugh with a hand that he'd call a bet with. He's betting if he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and raising if he has the flush.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: nut str8 against flushed board...turn and river play?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Folded to Hero is SB who raises. Villain, normally tight and aggressive calls out of big blind.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero 3 bets Villain Caps.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero leads, Villain Raises, Hero Calls

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero?!?! I think the play is to lead out again. I cannot put him on a FH because he would have 3 bet me preflop. It is reasonable to think he has a flush but i could only see him having AQh or A9h here both I think he would have 3 bet me preflop with. I don't think he would call with q9 or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here? Why couldn't he have Ahxh? Check/call.

Edit: Or any heart connectors. You open-raised him from the SB - he's going to call with a lot.
On the other hand, he could certainly have Ahxo.. But in that case he's betting into you again. So still, check/call.