Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: now maybe we all get to reveal screen names and discuss

[ QUOTE ]

Out of all of the players mentioned, i'd have to say I hate the guts of the following players: TooDaFelt, Yellowtwo, Octosquid, Finnishflush, nillacoke, mantasm, pl_evictor, l0llerskates, MysteryToast, StripClubLeak, and LawlessGame.

All of you would agree probably that these are among some of the toughest players around at the $10-20 level.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sweet of you to say.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just trying to get an idea of the streaks that are possible/typical for winning players.

[/ QUOTE ]

i broke even for 30k at 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I broke even for my first 35k at 10/20, after the worst downswing ever. I've yet to move up in limits without hitting a ridiculous new downswing...i'm scared of hitting the 15/30 or 20/40 because of that irrational belief.

Anyway I ran well for a bit after that, then plunged into another 250 BB downswing that resulted in 20k more breakeven hands.

For lmn:

I haven't been a proven winner at the 10/20 yet(.5BB/100 over 70k doesn't prove much). I've seen some incredible things that are likely(hopefully?) due to variance...I have studied my game non-stop since moving up, and my hand-reading and play is only getting better. While I may not have adapted to the aggression properly early on I believe I was still playing winning poker.

Surf
Old 10-10-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JulieKK

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh...I swear every time you 3-bet my TT,JJ,QQ I call down to get shown KK or AA.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

shh...don't give away your trade secrets!

Surf
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM

I may still play some at EURO depending on how the games settle down, but I'll post anyway.

I am Brenowski (for the past couple of months).

I've played against a bunch of you at 10/20. I don't avoid anyone, but the presence of any number of you at a given table makes the table less appetizing, that is for sure.

I know I played some semi-drunken LAG play against Victor recently (before the weekend) and another 2+2er who hasn't identified himself here yet. Seating went Victor -> 2+2er -> me and I stayed at that table just so I could play against a couple of solid players and work on some blind defense (there was a fish to Victor's right, I think, so our table selection wasn't horrible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I hope I dissuaded Victor from comfortably stealing my blind (I think I did, but could be wrong).

Anyway, nice to put some screennames to 2+2 names. Any comments on Brenowski gratefully received.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:02 PM

im gonna look up these hands.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:08 PM

I've played with you some. Ones I had enough data on you, I just sat at a fishier table.

WiteKnite
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 PM

I saw you around 3/6, but had enough info to find another table. If I had known you wre tilting, I would have sat to your left [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

WiteKnite
Old 10-10-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im gonna look up these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't looked back at them, but I have a memory of getting some turn folds / flop folds from you after 3-betting your open. Could be hazy memory and rose-colored glasses.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm DonkeyDonk not too many hands at the 10/20 6m but I recognize many of your names from encounters. Any comments are appreciated.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I have him as a 354% ROI. Won numerous all-in pots as an underdog, including K9o against AQs and A5s against 99. I have a tough time trying to figure out his amazing suckout abilities, but I am trying to emulate them and it isn't working so far. Quite possibly the best player on the Party network.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM

the dude to my left was def could use some work. he coldcalled too much and didnt raise pf on a few hands.

dont ever try to pull this garbage on me again.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. button has q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. bb has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB folds, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

2 other hands you may have blown me off. i opened on the button with ak, you 3bet and i capped. on the turn you donked into me on an innoculous board and i mucked.

the other hand i had 1010 and you check3bet a flop of jj6. i mucked on the turn. proly should have called down.

the guy 2 to my right was complete jackass. his play offended me.