Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Will Party Pay if the Jackpot is Hit by a 2+2 Table?

I think it is very unlikely Party would pay. What is happening at the 2+2 tables can pretty clearly be defined as collusion. I think you're fooling yourself if you think Party is just going to ignore that with so much money at stake.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:41 PM

FWIW - I've been at a few tables yesterday and today where random players who didn't know eachother agreed to not raise pre-flop so the suited connectors could all play. I even saw a dude enter the table and ask if we already had an agreement, apparently shopping around for people willing to collude. I wonder what Party would do in this case?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:01 PM

just had a straight flush

SWUSC
Old 01-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Doesn't explicit collusion have to take during the hand in order for it to be voided?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:31 PM

It's really up to the site to decide what they mean by collusion.

Obviously the auto-fold types on Stars and Paradise during the 1-billionth hand promo's (or 500-millionth and others) were essentially in some form of collusion. Even to the extent that it was fairly common for one person at the table to say 'We're all folding, right?'

Stars and Paradise paid out to any of these auto-fold tables...and this could be considered more to be THEIR own money they were paying. Whereas the JP was always money that was going to be given back to the players anyway....Party already knows ahead of time as this JP is growing that they are only keeping a percentage of it and will not be keeping most of it.

Of course, on Stars the whole auto-fold thing was fairly common practice and took place on several tables (maybe even a majority of them) whereas the check-it-down tables for the BBJ are in the distinct minority.

Any further speculation that we might do is pretty much moot since it's entirely up to Party to decide and trying to attach reason or logic to ANYTHIN they do there will be a feeble effort.

There is a chance they would pay. There is a chance they wouldn't pay. That's really about all we know.