Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Capping With Jacks

I am not saying most will fold, but enough will fold that you gain pot equity from the bet. It is all about maximizing your chances to win the pot. Calling does not do that because it allows weak draws to have an easy call. Another way to play would be to raise the turn if no scare card comes therebye facing them with a real decision. The fact of the matter is that many players don't play based on the pot-odds. They call when they think they have a chance and fold when they don't. To a weak player a bet and a raise after a pre-flop cap SCREAMS strength and will push at least a significant number out who hold weak hands that are either beating you (weak queen) or might draw to a better hand A-10 suited or unsuited, and ace, 10-9, J-10, J-9 etc.

My point is just that if you want to play the hand play it in such a way that you maximize the chances that you are going to win. With JJ in this case that means eliminating players any chance you get! The fewer you have to play against the better.

-K_squared
Old 12-31-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Capping With Jacks

I like the preflop play, but fold the flop. You probably have only 2 outs, and if the jack of diamonds comes you will still lose almost 1/4 of the time with a river diamond. Jacks are worthy of capping preflop on PP 3/6, but anyone with Q 2 off suit has you screwed after this flop.