Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Wait for the turn to raise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding hand protection, say I check/call a single bet on the flop the pot would then be 30 SB’s. Lets say MP is being the aggressor and then bets again on turn, if I now raise, then EP and the rest are getting 8:1. Say they have a hand like A 4 (lets disregard the fact that a 3 fell on turn) then they should fold, and if they call they’re doing so incorrectly. Maybe I could even get someone with a 5 outer like A-5 or Q no kicker to fold, fearing that it gets reraised behind. Sure I’m losing value but I'm maximising my winning chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bump this guys but I'm very curious as your opinion on the above. I know that this plan is impossible with the way the hand played out and betting for value became best, but couldn't I at least try to protect with the above plan and adapt if necessary

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting cute in a big pot is bad because things can go wrong and you can miss tons of bets or make a mistake that costs you the pot, etc. When the pot is big and I think I have the best hand I hit the raise button until A) someone convinces me they have a better hand. B) The raise button is no longer available.