Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Isolate or play multiway with 3 cards to royal?

Villain had been seen to play and raise with very weak hands. Still, my hand seemed like one of the few that could be better off calling and letting others in. Who votes what?

Site: PartyPoker
20/40 7 Card Stud -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____completes_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ------raises

Fourth Street
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets

Fifth Street
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets

Sixth Street
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls

River
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks

PS grb, on 3rd street the converter didn't show my hand, how weird. I will e-mail you the history.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Isolate or play multiway with 3 cards to royal?

it seems like quite a few streets are acting up
Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM

River looks funny too.... you did check raise right? the action reads

Villian bets__ calls
Hero checks

on river
and 6th hero is missing
Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 PM

Default FIXED original post

Heh, funny that I saw the first part and missed the rest. Too late to edit unfortunately.

Site: PartyPoker
These hand histories are -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____completes_____calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] _____raises

Fourth Street
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets

Fifth Street
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets

Sixth Street
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls

River
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____raises
Old 09-15-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: FIXED original post

I vote call (because the ante is so low blah blah). I would be happier about raising if, say, he raised with a king up (just because that means my ace is live).
But I can see raising here too.

Interesting 6th street - river play btw… why not just 3-bet on 6th? He might check the river behind, right?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: FIXED original post

I think on 3rd you should mix it up a bit but I agree with Roland about the live aces being better if you raise.

Against an average 5/10 player I am 3 betting 6th but I think a 20/40 player may be good enough to dump 2 pair to the 3-bet or a lead on 7th if they dont improve so I like your line against a good player.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM

I don't really see the advantage in raising unless you think that the raiser is unlikely to have aces. I think that although he probably has quite a wide range here, including three flushes, pairs in the hole and some high bags, there is a fair chance that he does have the aces he's representing. Are you not better to call and then raise if you make a pair later.

I also think I prefer just to reraise 6th and have done with it. I could see players who would check behind on the river especially if he has a hand like aces up or small trips, rather than the wheel.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:55 PM

I call. Why didn't you raise 6th?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:18 PM

yeah, my recent fixes have introduced new bugs. Srry peeps, I'll try to get it corrected ASAP.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:00 PM

You need to 3-bet sixth here. If he has a wheel and puts you on a trips (AA or TT in the hole) he might even cap on sixth. Few players are capable of folding for one more bet on sixth after already raising. Moreover, many players will check the river, costing you the bet, since they fear you filled up or hit the flush.