Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 AM

Default AK OOP /w straight/flush draw. Find me a better line!?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

MP1 ($8.25)
MP2 ($47.35)
MP3 ($30.25)
CO ($24.30)
Button ($24.65)
SB ($22.33)
BB ($13.22)
Hero ($52.75)
UTG+1 ($29.05)
UTG+2 ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($3.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($5.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($13.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $13.60

Anyone have a better line than the one I took?
Presume no reads on villain.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: AK OOP /w straight/flush draw. Find me a better line!?

fold turn.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 AM

Raise Turn. And you should have raised flop too, bet the pot, not just a measly $1 like your enemy did. Oh, And don't fold turn like perfectpoker poker in the following reply suggests [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:41 AM

How can you justify raising the turn when it's incredibly likely he has a flush and will move in over your raise. Esp when he raised $1 o nthe flop giving someone 4:1 odds to call with there draw and hit. Dont be result oriented just becuase he checked behind on river.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:54 AM

Not trying to be results oriented. I tend to be aggresive (selectively) and want this guy to prove to me he has flush by an reraise. Here are a few things I take into account with this hand. First, he is only drawing to a flush on flop at best. So I bet pot to drive him off. Second, it looks to me like the raise on flop was to steal. Two players checked in front of him. On turn I have a nut flush draw and a gutshot draw (which may not be good), but it is good enough for another push at him. Again, he is gonna have to prove to me he has the flush. I stay aggressive.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:02 AM

First of all, any re-raise here at least 3x his bet amount is going to commit hero to this hand and if the guy pushes over top he has to fold with half his stack in the middle. Also this play doesn't extract chips from worst hands, in this case the only thing that is going to call you is flush/maybe 2 pair and let bluffs/TPGK get away from his hand. Second of all he is not drawing to the nut flush, he is drawing to the second nuts and could already be drawing dead if villan holds the As. The way he played it is a better line then what you are saying because atleast he had the chance to extract more chips out of worse hands.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:10 AM

The only hand he has a lot to fear from is the As10s.

I don't let this punk bluff me. I punish him. Bwaahaahaaha
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand he has a lot to fear from is the As10s.

I don't let this punk bluff me. I punish him. Bwaahaahaaha

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the type of mindset that loses you money over the long run. If you think every time you make a weak bet and someone leads is a bluff, people are going to love to see you at there tables.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:18 AM

This is my point. Don't make a weak bet to begin with. I'm not advocating recklessness here. i just want to minimize the possibility that he is bluffing at me. He may very well be way ahead. I want him to prove it. Plus, the added advantage of playing aggressively is that when you do have a monster, you're opponen will not be able to tell and you'll bust him.

Bwahaha
Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Yes i know, theres a difference between a smart positional lag player and a complete donk who wants to imatate lag play until they actually grow the part. See if hes "bluffing" here commits your stack and doesn't do anything for your hand except know if your beat by his smooth call/raise and fold by a worse hand. If he's bluffing let him bluff to the river and extract more chips off him instead of committing your stack against a play you have no read on.