Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Pushing three times in one orbit.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't intend to suggest that to ICM the situation you needed to do more than loosen the ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]
What ranges are you giving for ICM calculations? I thought ICM took into account actual stack sizes rather than ranges of stack sizes.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
of course. If i had just pushed a few hands in an orbit, my range in what I push after that tightens in most situations. The main reason for this is that failing to do so ignores the fact that people start thinking you are becoming a maniac and adjust their calling ranges accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]
When the other players loosen their calling range, that does not always mean you should tighten your pushing range. You should take into account the wider calling range and do what is appropriate from there. Often, but not always, this will mean tightening your pushing range.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I see someone push 3 consecutive hands, I mentally discount the possibility that he got 3 straight premium hands and adjust my calling range accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]
The hands he holds on the three previous deals do not affect the cards he gets in the 4th instance.

This is sort of like saying that when you flip a coin three times and get all heads, that the coin is due for a tails on the 4th flip.

The fact that he has pushed three times in a row, might lead you to believe that his range is wider than you had previously thought, but it certainly doesn't affect what cards he is dealt the 4th time.

And, if what people are saying in this thread is true, after 3 consecutive pushes from an opponent, you ought to tighten his range for the 4th push because he is likely to be taking it in a notch due to the perception that he is pushing frequently.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after 3 consecutive pushes from an opponent, you ought to tighten his range for the 4th push because he is likely to be taking it in a notch due to the perception that he is pushing frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh