Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Living on your own for the first time

does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.

[/ QUOTE ]

You travel an assload; you're fine for now, but pushing it.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:33 PM

Housework sucks. Stay home and let Mom do it. She likes cooking and cleaning for you. Its a way for her to express her love for you.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good to live on your own at some point, because you really don't want your first time away from home to be when you are living with someone/married. I think the divorce rate is so high because of situations like yours, a bunch of kids who have been living with Mommy and Daddy who have never had to buy toilet paper in their life are suddenly thrust into running a household, petty arguments ensue, and people realize they should have been using their early twenties to grow up, rather then to be comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This post is spot on, Matty. I am in the exact situation you are describing. I got used to living at home where my Mom took care of housework. Now w/ my wife, she's a total slob she sucks at housework and we basically live on takeout, and I resent her for it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Which leads to arguments and bad moods galore.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Been living at home all my life, even through college.

I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

you already missed out on a lot. move out before it's too late.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's good to live on your own at some point, because you really don't want your first time away from home to be when you are living with someone/married. I think the divorce rate is so high because of situations like yours, a bunch of kids who have been living with Mommy and Daddy who have never had to buy toilet paper in their life are suddenly thrust into running a household, petty arguments ensue, and people realize they should have been using their early twenties to grow up, rather then to be comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This post is spot on, Matty. I am in the exact situation you are describing. I got used to living at home where my Mom took care of housework. Now w/ my wife, she's a total slob she sucks at housework and we basically live on takeout, and I resent her for it. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Which leads to arguments and bad moods galore.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you realize it. I think you work on Wall St right? if so, a maid is much cheaper then marriage counseling.

Did you grow up in Long Island? I foresee MANY MANY MANY of my friends going through the same [censored].
Old 10-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Old 10-06-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have married an italian girl. They love doing that shist.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have married an italian girl. They love doing that shist.

[/ QUOTE ]

stereotypical...but absolutely true.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you realize it. I think you work on Wall St right? if so, a maid is much cheaper then marriage counseling.

Did you grow up in Long Island? I foresee MANY MANY MANY of my friends going through the same [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I grew up in Manhattan, but my parents are Old World. I know what you're referring to about Long Island though, I know some guys in that situation. One of my colleagues who grew up on L.I. just moved out of his parent's house and he is a 29 year old attorney.