Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Scuba is scared

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like the pointless bluff play is not winning any of you a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...what the cameras don't show is the *in between* bluffing to set up the pointless bluffing that doesn't work.

Yeah?

Yugoslav
Old 05-04-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Looks like the pointless bluff play is not winning any of you a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno...what the cameras don't show is the *in between* bluffing to set up the pointless bluffing that doesn't work.

Yeah?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If only my strategy were that advanced.

I probably should've put some thought into the format too. Playing at a private 25NL was pretty dumb since the rake was much more than we'd have to pay at a PS heads up tourney.

We were both too proud to be blinded off, so each match basically ended after someone lost a couple hands and then went allin as a bluff or with a good hand that was up against another good hand.

I probably lose in any format, but I think the match would've been more interesting if we had 1 good game rather than 4 quick turbos.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If only my strategy were that advanced.

I probably should've put some thought into the format too. Playing at a private 25NL was pretty dumb since the rake was much more than we'd have to pay at a PS heads up tourney.

We were both too proud to be blinded off, so each match basically ended after someone lost a couple hands and then went allin as a bluff or with a good hand that was up against another good hand.

I probably lose in any format, but I think the match would've been more interesting if we had 1 good game rather than 4 quick turbos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, yeah, playing that on Party is ridiculous....Stars I've heard (and it sounds like) has a much better way to set up private low stakes tables for this sort of thing.

My friend and I once went HU limit for like $25 each or something...he broke me and won like $2....[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

He also lived 10 minutes away....we both felt pretty f*ckin stupid.

Yugoslav