Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: overcards flush draw... turn call ??

[ QUOTE ]
lol, I would never fold a flopped king high flush, are you [censored] serious man? if the a high beats you that's life definitely not on the $25's all the way up to the $200's probably [censored] it.. I think this guy takes party $25's way too seriously haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of this discussion is taking place out of context. Certainly there are spots/opponents where we could fold a K high flush, or even an A high flush if there was a possible straight flush. This is all read dependent, and stack size dependent. If you had stacks of 5000BB, you may want to consider laying down, depending on your opponent.

All of this said, in the actual hand, I think myself or most anyone else lays down a K high flush at any point in that hand just about never.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking pot odds say yes? What do you guys think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Button ($31.50)
Hero ($27.65)
BB ($30.95)
UTG ($20.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $1.9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.75, Button folds.

Flop: ($4.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't read the thread yet, but I 3-bet all-in.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EVER?? And you are a retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, are you ? (this is a rhetorical question, btw)

And you shouldn't insult a fellow Quebecer, shame on you.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:24 PM

lol I was thinking the same thing. This is a small stakes hold em game, not high stakes omaha. The odds of a K high flush being beat are horrible. And, for the most part, players simply don't worry about being beat by a higher flush at this level. Absolutely HORRIBLE advice!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:29 PM

I don't think a big raise would necessarily signify that he has a bigger flush &amp; is not afraid of your hand. With a lot of players this raise signifies "I have a good hand &amp; wouldn't mind taking the pot right now with this scary board." In this example he did not make a large raise but I think your thinking of this hand in general is flawed. He will not fold a flush here!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Your posts are better than comedy central! I love it! Please give us more. Folding the K high flush at any level is a mistake here. Over the long run, you would win way more by holding onto a K high flush. It's not a matter of "he could have the nut flush", it's a matter of "how often will I win in this exact situation with this exact play." Your straight flush example is just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. What poker books have you been reading and who has been advising you to make these plays? You might want to take them off your Christmas card list because: 1)not only are they losing you $ by laying down excellent hands but 2) they are making you look like a complete donk on this web site. I think that's all I have to say for now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 11:39 PM

exactly. I mean I know ther's such great players at the NL25 tables and they're taken so seriously.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 PM

Do you actually think your opponent is going to put you on an ave high flush if you push the flop? You bet the flop, and get raised &amp; you have the nuts. Your opponent likely thinks he has the best hand, so why make him think otherwise. Why take him out of the lead. By pushing with an ace high flush on the flop you only make your opponent re-think his hand strength. If you smooth called the raise w/ the nut flush you would probably get all his chips on the turn. Most players would not push an ace high flush here except for beginners who are so excited they can't contain themselves. If I was Villain and you cam right back over the top of me on the flop I would be thinking one of 3 things:
1)you have AA w/ the A of hearts
2)you have KK w/ the K of hearts
3)you have QQ for a set

Those hand make the most sense given the fact that you re-raised preflop if you were to push the flop. There could be an outside chance that you had AQ with the ace of hearts but most players wouldn't make this play. There's also a chance that your opponent won't even be thinking about what you have. He may be a donk. It is NL25. Granted there are some good players at this level, there are still plenty of donks.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 AM

I misread the original post. He did not re-raise preflop. It was a simple raise. My bad. I still wouldn't put my opponent on an ace high flush if he pushed the flop. If I had a K high flush and my opponent pushed the flop, I would put all my chips in with a smile.