Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: AA comments all streets please

[ QUOTE ]
minraising does not show strength at all - it just begs for him to come over the top at you. when you reraise you want to make an impression on the villain and make them think twice about their action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my idea, but a bad idea I think against most opponents even if I see him as an agro player. It depends on what hands he will come over the top where
1: I am ahead
2: I am behind

I believe if 1 < 2 then my move is -ev. (But if I show more strength at the 3 bet, I have a problem to believe it's not worse.)
Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM

PF bet looks ok,
Flop bet looks okay.
The reraise certainly has let yoiu know where yoiu are at & is okay . fold.
Another option after the reraise is to just call it ,and see the next card. If an A hits, your future is brighter. If an A does not hit, check and fold, unless this guy is a fish with top pair who thinks you have AK. What is your read? If he is solid, he is unlikely tohave played trips like that. Not subtle enough.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another option after the reraise is to just call it ,and see the next card. If an A hits, your future is brighter. If an A does not hit, check and fold, unless this guy is a fish with top pair who thinks you have AK. What is your read? If he is solid, he is unlikely tohave played trips like that. Not subtle enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not getting immediate or implied odds to fish for an A here. If you think only an A can win this hand for you then you should fold to the flop raise. Calling with the intent to check fold is spewing.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reraise certainly has let yoiu know where yoiu are at & is okay . fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that the mini-reraise hasn't let you know where you're at. It shows weakness and a flush draw is likely to think he has enough fold equity to push here. (Admittedly hero has the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so a flush draw is less likely, but there are plenty of flush draw + gutshot possibilities.)

To pick up on one of OP's reasons for the mini-raise, one of the side benefits for raising to $15 is that you *will* be pot-committed and can't be conned into making the wrong decision, as you may be with the mini-raise. The main benefits are to raise for value and to protect your hand.