Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: QUAD 4\'s

[ QUOTE ]
What is your intention when you bet the $50 is it to get action from the guy who is drawing to the flush or flopped 2 pair? ir is it to get the drawing hands out?

and did you slow down on the turn cus the the 8 of [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

my intention is to remain consistent with the rest of my game play and not make a suspicious check when i've bet in this same position the last 20 times the play has gone this way.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:06 PM

NO JOKE here,

The S/B had the 67 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so he turned the straight flush and the B/B had the A high flush. I don't think i could have played it any other way that would have given me that information. i think it would have still cost me all my chips any way.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Quads fours vs. straight flush? Harrah's in Vegas is rigged! That (censored) would never happen online.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO JOKE here,

The S/B had the 67 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so he turned the straight flush and the B/B had the A high flush. I don't think i could have played it any other way that would have given me that information. i think it would have still cost me all my chips any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes this is a joke... you are all getting me back for my post about getting all in with a set of queens. i guess if i had posted it where i'd slow played it until the other guy caught his quads, then it would be the same situation as this one.

good one!

and if this wasn't a joke, STOP trying to disguise your bad beat posts as strategy questions. do you want to let people catch up to quads? YES. do you want to let them catch up until they beat you? NO. ok get it? got it... no one is fooled by this crap. wow i feel like a b**** but is anyone with me on this one?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:18 PM

TV guy,

read the post it didn't happen at Harrah's. i started my post recalling an erlier post that i did about quad's. that one happened at Harrah's.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i feel like a b****

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're hot, it doesn't matter.

to an extent.

[ QUOTE ]
is anyone with me on this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I do agree though, this is a little much.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO JOKE here,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish for someone to slit your neck and rape your throat.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:22 PM

If you really feel you may have played this wrong, try the following: Wait a few weeks; repost this and just change it so that you fold quads on the river and see how many people respond with:

"You are stupid to fold there, that's so weak, I'll just pay off the str flush if he has it, etc.."

I mean, what are you going to do, call $400 and then fold for $600 more from the 3rd guy? The only way I do that is if I call the $400, the next guy shoves and flips his cards before I have a chance to call. If you only get your chips in with the nuts, there are some problems with your game.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:24 PM

Seriously, there was nothing you could have done. No amount you can bet makes 67 spades fold that flop, except maybe a ridiculous overbet, and maybe not even then, and no amount of pushing back from a straight flush can make you lay down quads after the turn, unless you're both sitting there with ridiculously deep stacks and reraise back and forth several times.

Also, it is hard to answer the question - how do you get the most money from flopping quads? Because it is so dependent on what the other people have and whether they catch. Unless you always bet after raising, I don't think a check here looks too suspicious. They'll put you on high cards instead of a pair. NO ONE thinks you have one 4, let alone two. If you bet, bet 40-50 or so, hope someone has an overpair enough of a draw to call. Of course a lot of hands (nut flush, boat) that you beat will put a lot of money in after the turn, while only one has you beat. Tough beat.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:26 PM

Ahhh, in that case.. the Wynn is rigged! Call the feds.