Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Playing out of the small blind

Could you simply post what you're raising out of the sb and completing with. I usually raise TT+, though everyone folding is the usual response, is there any way around this? Btw vp$ip in the sb is 43% and pfr 3.5%.

I thought about picking a hand like QJs to raise to 4bb for deception, did the same with T9s once, missed the flop and cb'ed with ten high and won the pot, maybe the other players always give you credit for a big pair after a sb raise, I don't know.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Playing out of the small blind

You want people folding when you raise out of the SB. That said, don't get in the habit of doing it too often or you will end up with 4 callers and absolutely no idea how to proceed. I think ideally you want to get it heads up out of the SB and play accordingly - don't play too aggressive unless the opponent(s) are total fish. Three-betting a flop with just an overpair is a sure way to get yourself stacked out of the SB against decent opposition.

You didn't specify if you are playing full ring or short-handed - shorthanded I'll raise AQ and even AJ, AT, or 99 depending on the table.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Playing out of the small blind

Sorry, I'm talking about shorthanded and on the $25's for now.