Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: River decision

I have no idea if the Hero is behind on the turn, but I know with this board and my hand I would like to see my opponents cards, and I want to do it for 1 more bet.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: real deal

Well this hand in particular is quite amusing, you see - the Hero is actually Schneids. I found his river line to be very interesting and it was especially funny when he was first to reply in the way that he did. He ended up calling and took it down as villain's 56 failed to hold up by the river.

I was just browsing through some really old hands and found this little gem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well this hand in particular is quite amusing, you see - the Hero is actually Schneids. I found his river line to be very interesting and it was especially funny when he was first to reply in the way that he did. He ended up calling and took it down as villain's 56 failed to hold up by the river.

I was just browsing through some really old hands and found this little gem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that for some reason I must have felt confident this opponent would have checkraised me with any ace on the flop so my river improvement, as minor as it was, turned the fold into a call. Or for all I know i misclicked [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 AM

yeah i thought it was pretty amazing that u found that river to be an improvement to you. I guess him CRing on the turn with middle pair is unlikely. Or you misclicked - hehe.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:54 AM

i was gonna say that i call BC the guy may have 56 and was just counterfeited... ha. i also call BC if i am behind i want to know if he CRed that turn with 78 or with AK....
Old 01-20-2005, 11:28 AM

well, at least scheinds is consistent with his mistakes and can rely on his luck.

just kiddin as usual

funny post Arkansas Lady
Old 01-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Everyone's saying fold or call, but could you ever see raising here being correct?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:36 PM

I dont think I would ever fold mid pair on this river in shorthanded games. Hell, I virtually never fold any pair heads up on the river. hehe, my showdownwon% is like 50%
Old 01-21-2005, 01:40 AM

can't believe you pulled out that arklady crap, man u got one impressive memory.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 AM

*might* consider asking GoT, but I am pretty sure raising the river will have long term -EV. Just dont see a worse hand calling enough times to justify that move. Similary getting an A to fold is probably somewhere around 0%. Give or take...0.