Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Being in a Car Accident Sucks (No poker content)

[ QUOTE ]
Do a lot of people die on the section of highway 4 connecting hercules to martinez?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard about it if they do. It's tough to die at 2 mph. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

eastbay
Old 09-21-2004, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Being in a Car Accident Sucks (No poker content)

Glad to hear that everyone is doing ok.

I happen to work in insurance and you now have a captive buyer for your wrecked vehicle. You will never get a better price anywhere else, i.e. via trade in, private sale, etc.

Time to start your homework, try traderonline to see what your market value is on your vehicle.

As far as loooking for a "new" vehicle try carsdirect.com,
edmunds.com will show all the rebates/interest rates deals being offered by manuf.
autobytel if looking for lease return,rental vehicle. etc.

Good Luck,

Gurney
Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Boy do they ever

When I was in first year of university (2000) some friends and I went out for dinner. We called another friend to come pick us up after the car broke down, and we'd play poker down at his apartment... without the knowledge that said friend had been at a funeral. Apparently alcohol plays a big part in funerals of the deceased's particular ethnic group (Ukranian?), and my friend neglected to mention this.

Driving through city streets, down a hill and around a bend,
he flipped his mom's Saab 9-3 convertible, top down, going about 125 km/h (80 mph). The three in the back were thrown out of the car, onto the pavement, and directly to the hospital.

Accident Scorecard:
Friend #1: Broken wrist, shattered jaw, broken cheekbones, broken kneecap.

Friend #2: Skull fracture, Severed ear, cracked vertebrae.

Me: Broken nose, "Severe head trauma" (bad concussion - number 6 for me), separated shoulder, torn achilles tendon.

Thanks to my parents for forcing me to play a lot of sports - my co-Crash Test Dummies were fairly sedentary.

Needless to say, my summer was spent in bed hopped up on goofballs. The driver was convicted of reckless endangerment causing bodily harm, which came with a free 6 months house arrest, 18 month conditional jail sentence, 4.5 year driver's license suspension, and 3 fewer friends.

Sossman is right: Car accidents suck.