Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Results

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to have neglected this hand. My schedule has been quite hectic as of late. Anyways, I think this river makes for some interesting discussion. Given the way the hand played out, it's unlikely either of my two opponents have an ace. Given that I called two cold preflop and called two cold on the flop, it is likely my opponents put me on an ace of some sort, attempting not to blow MP off his hand by 3-betting the flop and going for the checkraise on the turn. My hand could also look like a flush draw; perhaps I have some suited broadway cards here. Given that the turn is checked through and nobody has an ace and that MP is value betting some pair here when he suspects I could have an ace AND the fact that the river also completes a flush draw, I thought my checkraise could provide a nice bluff here.

The key here though is that CO called MP's bet. Given his action and his physical expressions at the table, it doesn't seem like he really likes his hand and doens't like having to call, so he's really not going to like to call a checkraise. By raising, I'm hoping MP will fold his most likely hand, KK. Hopefully, MP, a strong tough player, will see the river checkraise and fold for three reasons:

1) The pot is protected with CO in the hand.
2) Hardly anybody ever bluff checkraises the river.

and lastly, while I'm not sure how accurate this statement is, I'm a girl and girls make for weak non-tricky bad players. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] LOL, I'm not exactly sure how most guys precieve female players, but I just assumed that some guys may believe this stereotype and it certainly couldn't hurt if it allows me to buy some pots here and there.

Anyways I checkraised. The older gentlemen nodded his head as if approving, and quietly mucks his hand. CO agonizes once again and says "I've put too much money into the pot" and calls with the other QQ and we split the pot.

The older gentleman nods his head once again and says "Nice move. I had KK."

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia