Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality, Homophobia and Evlolution

Because it is the practice of different types of sex that you are identifying. This is only an accidental quality of sexuality and is certainly no requirement. It is correct to say that people who engage in anal sex are at more risk for AIDS. It may also be correct to say that homosexuals are, but it is much less clear than the first statement.

Promiscuity=increased risk. Sexuality doesn't matter. Anal sex=increased risk. Sexuality doesn't matter.

-Mike
Old 11-26-2003, 05:46 PM

how do u then explain the fact that aids has totally decimated the homosexual population in the US?

my main point is that if youre a gay man u better watch out or you will freakin die.

if youre a hetero you need to watch out for disease and pregnancy, but you just need to take basic precautions.

if youre a gay man, you need to take much more than basic precautions.

the worst possible advice to give a young gay man is to tell him that he is at no greater risk of aids than a hetero and that he doesnt hav to worry.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:56 PM

"if youre a gay man, you need to take much more than basic precautions."

What do you mean by this? Homosexuals can prevent the spread of HIV by taking the same precautions as heterosexuals. Getting into specifics isn't really necessary, but perhaps wearing a double or triple condom is more necessary for this group, because of the type of intercourse.

If you mean to say that it is more likely that a homosexual's partner has AIDS, this is true. Thus, it is more important that they take basic precautions, but I don't understand what you mean by saying they have to do more than this.

-Mike
Old 11-26-2003, 06:02 PM

'but I don't understand what you mean by saying they have to do more than this.
'

responsible gay men who are not in a monogamous relationship (and have been for some time)

should get tested for hiv and other stds at least yearly, preferebly 6months.

and really gay men need to be almost fanatical about sex, eg, no unprotected sex ever. youd be surprised at the cavalier attitude among (really both gays and nongays), but the difference is that gays are just a high risk group, youre opinion not withstanding.

to sum up, unwanted pregnancies and abortions are the mark of lazy hetero sex , but death by aids is mark of lazy homo sex.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to sum up, unwanted pregnancies and abortions are the mark of lazy hetero sex , but death by aids is mark of lazy homo sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any heterosexual who has unprotected sex with someone that they are not 100% sure is free from STDs is an idiot. No different than a homosexual.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:15 PM

'Any heterosexual who has unprotected sex with someone that they are not 100% sure is free from STDs is an idiot. No different than a homosexual. '

sure but my point is

a) heteros are often 100% sure no std but they forget about pregnancy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

b) homos have *much* higher chance of being infected so any error is magnified there

c) most people are idiots. unfortunately, homos are punished much more severely for mistakes everyone makes

d) because of c), homos must be much more careful.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
homos must be much more careful

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that you're either careful or you're not. There really isn't a middle ground. It might be safer to play Russian Roullette with a six-chamber gun than a (imaginary) 12-chamber gun, but It's stupid to play either way.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:27 PM

my point, as borne out by facts (such as aids deaths) , is that

similiar to folding on river for one bet in super large pot versus tiny pot -

the consequences are magnitudes graver for homos.

heteros are not careful all the time (as evidenced by abortions if nothing else) and yet there is no real aids explosion among heteros. (in US)

another way to look at it is that almost all adults have herpes - cold sores - orally. im sure i do as many girlfriends and relatives have had them (many children are infected by innocent kisses from relatives), yet i have never had an outbreak. so its not such a big deal as not really any consequences.

Old 11-26-2003, 07:13 PM

"How do you explain AIDS decimating the (mostly heterosexual) population of Africa? Does God hate Africans? Are Africans more promiscuous?"

I've read in numerpous places (including newspapers) that in (is it Kenya?, where AIDS is so rampant--I forget which African country) that in that country which is so decimated by AIDS, that anal sex is a very common practice amongst the straight population. Maybe it's used as a method of birth control in that impoverished area--I don't know, but I'm sure I read this in mainstream magazines and newspapers. Also it's common medical knowledge that anal sex carries a high risk for transmission of the AIDS virus--higher than vaginal intercourse. Might has to do with the fact that the lining of the intestine absorbs directly into the bloodstream.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:43 PM

'for transmission of the AIDS virus--higher than vaginal intercourse. Might has to do with the fact that the lining of the intestine absorbs directly into the bloodstream.
'

ive heard it has to with small tears in anal tissue which bleed a bit and so you know.

also prostitution is rampant in africa ive heard. (even among married men, etc.)