Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 PM

Default Not knowing what I\'m doing wrong here (NC)

I've played about 11,000 hands before I seriously started reading WLLHE, TOP, and many posts here. My BB/100 was around 2BB/100 for those 11,000 hands (which I know is nothing really). From then on the 0.5-1 LHE level for 16,000 hands I basically went up and down, and mostly down. Now I have a BB/100 of 0.19 after 27,000 hands. All of my profit has been bonuses. My 1/2 looks like a downward STRAIGHT line for 17,000 hands from months of trying to move up, meeting my limit of losing, and moving back down. I feel like I am applying what I've learned, but I must be applying all of what I've 'learned' incorrectly. I would love to become better and I read and read and read and then practice some more. I just think perfect practice makes perfect... and I'm not perfect at this yet.

I either need a table coach, some advice on how to proceed, or someone to look at some of my hands to point out what I'm doing wrong. I'm tired of losing. I would like to stay at the 0.5-1 limit because I can take advantage of the bonuses.

PLEASE 2-plus-2, pimp my game!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Not knowing what I\'m doing wrong here (NC)

If you post them, they will look.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Not knowing what I\'m doing wrong here (NC)

Often times there is adjustment period when changing your playing style as you are describing. Before you were probably a little more loose and lot more passive. Now you're trying to play a tighter but more aggressive game. No doubt in trying to adopt that play style your spewing chips in places you shouldn't be. It's natural and part of the progress.

You learn best by making the mistakes and then figuring out why they are mistakes and the theory behind playing the "correct" way. Post hands that you think you played well and that you played badly. But most importantly, post on other people's hands how you would have played them. This can be a lot more helpful in the learning process. Just reading threads won't help you retain the information as well as commenting.