Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-13-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #7

hi oreo your hand range that you gave him sounds just about what i was thinking. i should have given him a hand range to be specific.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all i would prefer limping. i hate building big pots with [censored] suited connectors oop with no sd value and little bluffing value.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, a good player is folding his blind here rarely. Even if he just calls your raise, on the flop hes getting 5:1 once u bet and peeling a good amount. Whereas if u complete and he checks then u bet flop, hes more likely to fold. Still, this is a situation where maybe I need to start limping more, it just always feels weird to open limp, especially OOP.

I dunno, Ive been really thinking about sb situations lately and Im starting to wonder about open-completeing lately.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:48 AM

i open limp all the time out of position against good players in the BB and think victor might be right here. i open limp these hands regularly but i think its also important to be raising hands that dont have high card strength to compensate for the fact that i limp with middling cards and raising the high cards. he has to know that im raising with 8 high preflop sometimes to avoid being exploited.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 AM

I do open complete a lot more hands than a lot more posters here, but 87s is not one of them, and against this type of opponent is not one where I'll open complete either.

I think you gotta c/r the flop. That or c/c, c/c and then concede that you aren't winning the pot without improvement. A good opponent is aware that the pot is big enough to fight for so it's more likely he's betting the turn intending to never fold before showdown.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 PM

archive post

Just wondering what have made you change your mind about this ?
Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a tough, solid, tricky player. he doesnt 3bet from the blinds much unless he has a good hand. He loves taking hands to the showdown against you so if you checkraise the flop hes often calling down with ace high unless the board gets scary for him. if you checkraise the turn he may or may not fold ace high but will often 3bet a strong pair against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this description I don't understand any line besides check/call, check/call, check/fold unimproved. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Cartman