Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Blind Battles: Hand #5

BB is a tough, solid, tricky player. Metagame counts and you play alot together.

Everyone folds to you in the SB and you raise A9o. He calls.

Flop is 7T3 twotone.

You bet, he calls.

Turn is a 3o

You bet, he raises

what line(s) do you take and what frequencies do you take them?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Blind Battles: Hand #5

I think I fold the majority of the time. He could be semi-bluffing his 89 or flush draw though, so perhaps 3-bet and lead the river a small % of the time. this will keep him from semi-bluffing as much also. I dunno, 20%?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:14 PM

I fold maybe 10%, I call and check/fold unimproved like 5%. I call and improve and call again every time I called the turn and donk if I catch an ace. The rest (big percent) of the time I call and check/call the river unimproved.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-12-2005, 09:16 PM

I screwplay the turn here pretty often. I doubt a tough player is calling the flop to either fold the turn unimproved or call the turn with some sort of draw, so bet/bet with A-high is a pretty dumb line unless you think his turn raise will be a move often enough that you're willing to pay the 3bb to get it to showdown. I don't find myself in this spot too often so I can't really give you my frequencies here, but I'd call more often than I'd 3-bet, and I'd 3-bet more often than I'd fold unless he's the type that virtually always waits until the turn to raise a pair in a blind battle then I'd reverse the order.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:08 PM

maybe its just me, but wouldnt a solid/tricky player make a move on a two tone flop with a pair expecting u to call him down w/ high cards more because he knows that you might think he's making moves w/ a draw/gutshot. He's knows he is far more likely to get a call down by making a move on a flush board. On the turn, he could easily be raising the draw, making a move etc. I think any pair is going to be putting some action in on the flop.

you said he's tough and tricky. so depending on whats going on fold 10-20 percent. 3bet 20-40 percent. Call the rest of the time, c/c a good amount of rivers.

Am I close, wrong/right? Just my ideas.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:12 PM

wow, i cant believe all you guys are calling down here. if i notice that i am gonna be raising the turn with any pair against you super often in these situations.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM

if i notice that you fold ace high to this turn raise every time i am gonna be raising the turn with bluffs against you super often in these situations.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM

beat me to it.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i notice that you fold ace high to this turn raise every time i am gonna be raising the turn with bluffs against you super often in these situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont know what i have.

people are advocating calling down 90% of the time. thats absurd. 40-50 is plenty high enough to dissuade shots. its unrecognizable.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 PM

another thing is there is a huge inconsistency between this post and your other one where everyone says to check/fold the river with a5o. i want to know wtf is going on here. how is this situaion, where we are calling 2bets to see showdown better than 1bet.