Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:23 PM

Default BBV crosspost w content

Mp2 is TAG i thought. what do you guys think of my river bet and what do you think of villains play here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (23.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has 6c 4c (flush, ace high).
Hero has Kh Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: MP2 wins 27.50 BB. </font>
Old 12-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: BBV crosspost w content

i like the river, i actually expected AAA instead of the flush tho

seems villain is a bit nutty, his preflop and turn plays suck horribly, i like his flop play
Old 12-08-2005, 02:30 PM

If he was indeed a TAG.... Were you pretty new to this table...maybe caught a lot of great cards starting out and had the look of a maniac? Seems like he was trying to isolate you...pretty ballsy with that hand (Edit: nevermind, that doesn't make any sense--I don't know what he was thinking). His turn play is pretty crazy for my taste. I admit I would have been scared on the river--I guess I would have check/called.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:33 PM

Either villian is not TAG or he is on some serious tilt. However, other than his horrendous preflop play, he played this hand correctly (maybe a little strong on the turn). But he did have the gutshot and flush draw so you weren't getting him to go anywhere until the river. I liked the way you played the hand. Although I probably would have three-bet the river. Even though you lost, he played it like a TAG might play AK. I'm just confused about his 3 bet preflop from middle position. That is such a strange play. Now that I think about it more, the river bet/call might be best. You just got unlucky by some jackass playing like an idiot preflop and flopping a monster draw. Don't change the way you played that hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though you lost, he played it like a TAG might play AK. I'm just confused about his 3 bet preflop from middle position. That is such a strange play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually LRRd with that hand! I don't think a TAG would play AK like that preflop. Truly bizarre.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though you lost, he played it like a TAG might play AK. I'm just confused about his 3 bet preflop from middle position. That is such a strange play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually LRRd with that hand! I don't think a TAG would play AK like that preflop. Truly bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right smoove. I'm just trying to come up with some sort of hands in my head that can have some explanation for the way he played that hand. I think that's just one of those WTF hands that you get here and there. Either your stats for this guy are for too small of a portion of hands, or he's on major tilt. I did see a 16.5/9 TAG raise and reraise 12 hands in a row preflop last night when he lost 2 monster pots in a row. So a TAG can go on major tilt like that occasionally, but my guess is that's just some drunk getting lucky.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:48 PM

I would go for a check raise on the Turn, there is nothing he could have that beats you. If he has any hope of winning he must draw out on you. Similary MP1 is probably on a draw and you want him to fold. . . he folded anyway so . . . no loss.

River card is scary, he could be a maniac betting a flush draw or pocket aces . . . but I like the bet and I would also call with that monster pot. You are ahead enough of the time to make calling correct.

EDIT: I just read the results - you played it well. He is a nut.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go for a check raise on the Turn, there is nothing he could have that beats you. If he has any hope of winning he must draw out on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why i would bet, if hes pumping a flush draw, a sane opponent would take a free card on the turn 3 way after that much action, plus you might get a 3-bet in and get capped like what happened here
Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would go for a check raise on the Turn, there is nothing he could have that beats you. If he has any hope of winning he must draw out on you. Similary MP1 is probably on a draw and you want him to fold. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

This pot is so big already, isn't MP1 going to have have proper odds to call with most draws even if he has to face two cold? And how bad would it be if it checked through? I think continuing to pump this sucker was the right thing to do.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:01 PM

My thinking is that if it was heads up, yes bet out . . . but it was 3 players at the time. . . I am guessing one of them has a weaker made hand and the other has a draw . . . yeah we can't get a draw to fold even if we C/R.

You are right. There is no way to know that they will bet into us and its not worth the risk of giving a free card to a draw: betting out is best