Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: 50/100 3 handed

[ QUOTE ]
i dont wait for the river here because half (maybe more!) river cards are gonna make u not wanna raise, but youll still have the best hand the majority of the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

if half the deck kills your hands and makes you not want to raise, ie., if your equity edge is really slim or non-existent now, why not wait until the river to raise when you know your equity edge is higher?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM

either u misunderstood or youre just being difficult.
bye.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
either u misunderstood or youre just being difficult.
bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i understood correctly. please do explain if not.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM

if a bad one comes off u might reconsider raising as youre now less likely to be called by the worst hand and when u get reraised youll be a much bigger dog, but fiolding K9 on this board in a blind battle sucks.
it feels gross and its awful for metagame...
looks as if you either went nuts and raised on river w/ nothing or maybe you raised for value but then decided to fold 4 one more bet closing action for the hand... either way, a metagame disaster...
ppl are already gonna be playing agg in a 3handed online game, no need to encourage them.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if a bad one comes off u might reconsider raising as youre now less likely to be called by the worst hand and when u get reraised youll be a much bigger dog, but fiolding K9 on this board in a blind battle sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
and if a good one comes off, you're much more likely to be called by a worse hand that's drawing dead. on the turn, even if you're ahead 70% of the time, raising could still actually be -EV when you consider that you're likely to get 4-bet when behind and your equity is only something like 80-85% when ahead.

[ QUOTE ]

looks as if you either went nuts and raised on river w/ nothing or maybe you raised for value but then decided to fold 4 one more bet closing action for the hand... either way, a metagame disaster...
ppl are already gonna be playing agg in a 3handed online game, no need to encourage them.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they're already too aggressive, encouraging them to be more aggressive is +EV.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:28 PM

i agree with pete
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Results...

I didn't like my play on this hand. I 3 bet the turn, then gagged and called his 4 bet. I paid off a river dud to see 67.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:57 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, and throw in that certain other cards might make a hand like A8 or worse to check-call the river or bet-fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they're already too aggressive, encouraging them to be more aggressive is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, and throw in that certain other cards might make a hand like A8 or worse to check-call the river or bet-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">also, he is allowed to check the river and then u csant raise... what if it comes ace or seven? he might check his pair, then u miss a bet...
no1 folds a pair in blind battles at 50/100 online, if he folds he had some stupid bluff that we prob dont mind him fold... not like our hand is invulnerable here.

</font>
i said that, but yeah...
i cant tell u how many times ive threebet fourth in these situations in online games and been called down and won.
ppl will not fold a fvcking pair, but they will check it.

note i never said its an ez automatic reraise, i said id usually threebet it, i believe that is correct. if i just sat down or the guy was new i might just call down, see his hand for 2BB... its just a pair, but its the nut one pair... im sure every1 would be happy to go three if we had AA.