Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 AM

Default 3/6 TT am i a fish?

Not getting enough odds on every street? How often am i shown AKs (c) on the river or does the pre-flop cap always mean AA from a loose-aggressive/passive?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nick.

Reads: SB is 33/9.9 after 500 hands
UTG is 15.9/12.1 after 900 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 12-04-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: 3/6 TT am i a fish?

I would fold the flop. You cannot expect your hand to be good at this point, like never. You are getting 2:16 but you are not closing the action. I think thats whats tips this to a fold. I would not give your hand more than 5 outs. A 5-outer draw require 1:8,2 but if SB reraises (as he did) you are getting 3:19, and even worse if UTG caps. So i dont think you should call the flop.

Turn is fine though. You should not raise here.

I would fold the river if i didnt have proof that SB is a maniac. You only have to be good here 6,7% but only a madman would play a worse hand the way SB did. I think you were lucky this time.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM

Looks like you've got at least one maniac here, if not two.

I wouldn't fold 11 BB pot to a 1 BB bet check and call is correct at this point for turn and river, at least until a 9 or ten show up.

Good luck,
Pete
Old 12-04-2005, 11:22 AM

if your opponent has AKs of clubs he is a favourite to win this pot and you should fold (except if you KNEW that he had AK of clubs you could call the flop and raise the turn).

this flop is a CLEAR fold, if you arnt up against a big PP or FD and overcards you are up against wild/loose types and win more money from then later than you will in this marginal situation. Even if you DO hit your GS you are vulnerable to another club falling on the river.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Fold the flop. You are behind and don't have pot odds to continue. Calling 8:1 on the flop you need all your outs to be clean and they're not. Your GS outs aren't to the nuts and one makes someone else a flush. Your third T makes someone else a straight. No way you win this hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:07 PM

Thanks all. Nice to have a unanimous response.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if your opponent has AKs of clubs he is a favourite to win this pot and you should fold (except if you KNEW that he had AK of clubs you could call the flop and raise the turn).

this flop is a CLEAR fold, if you arnt up against a big PP or FD and overcards you are up against wild/loose types and win more money from then later than you will in this marginal situation. Even if you DO hit your GS you are vulnerable to another club falling on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone not see the gutshot? Seriously, you have likely 6 outs to the best hand on the turn. Easy flop call.

Once it's heads up on the turn, easy turn call.

River, either way, I don't think it much matters if you call or not. Sometimes you get shown 99 or AKs, but not often. Without a read, I'd probably call.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop. You are behind and don't have pot odds to continue. Calling 8:1 on the flop you need all your outs to be clean and they're not. Your GS outs aren't to the nuts and one makes someone else a flush. Your third T makes someone else a straight. No way you win this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, someone 'might' have a flush draw. Think about what you are saying though. We have one capper out of the BB. He doesn't have a 9. We have and UTG raiser who raised this flop, he doesn't have a 9. One of them almost surely has a bigger PP, or maybe AJ. The thing you need to think about is hand ranges. This isn't a 6 way pot on the flop were people might have a 9, making the set outs dirty.

I think if you hit a T on the turn, you are going to be good about 90% of the time. Only trailing if it's the flush T, or someone actually has JJ.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM

I would be uncomfortable on the flop, and I don't think your hand will be good very often on the river.

But I think you played it all right.

On the other hand, I really don't know what UTG is doing on the flop and turn. I guess he was auto-raising A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the flop, or he decided his A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was no good on the turn and it wasn't worth drawing to aces up or better with your obvious flush draw cutting into his outs?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:47 PM

Anyone that fold this flop is insane.