Old 12-03-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Kidney stones

Why is this supposed to work?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this supposed to work?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm certainly no expert, but I think the phosphoric acid is supposed to dissolve the stones, while the asparagus flushes out the system afterwards. I think it only works (our works best) with calcium stones, which are the most common.

Lithanol supposedly works with any type of stone, and also works to dissolve them.

I would never have tried them if I wasn't desperate, but I would definitely take them both again if I even remotely suspect a kidney stone (and of course, see a doctor).
Old 12-04-2005, 01:17 AM

Not judging the accuracy on the issue, cuz I wouldn't know, but it is kind of funny how you speak of curing kidney stones with Coke, and someone else says that's what causes them.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 AM

Well, the caffeine dehydrates you, which is bad, and I think the caramel coloring and/or high fructose corn syrup (and countless other items) help to cause the stones. So you're right, most sodas over time will help create the stones, but -supposedly- flooding the stones with phosphoric acid (then flushing out the system with the asparagus) will dissolve them. Mine didn't dissolve completely, but the doctor said they were smaller.

Any chemistry/biology/urology experts out there?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:37 AM

There's also other "miracle cures" like celery seed tea and my favorite, the watermelon cleanse. You sit in a warm bath eating as much watermelon as you can all day. Eventually the stones will dissolve and be passed as sand as you continually urinate into the bath. I didn't try these, though.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:42 AM

I'm curious why anyone would think asparagus would cleanse the kidneys or watermelon, peeing, sitting soaking in your pee, and a warm bath(thanks pee!) would dissolve kidney stones.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:48 AM

A couple more bullet points about the stent: besides making you painfully pee all the time, it also makes you have to pee right NOW NOW NOW! They can give you some pills which help alleviate this somewhat. The pills are blue and color your urine the same. And yes, blue and yellow makes green! Blue and red makes purple! I definitely covered the entire spectrum of the rainbow.

Like I said, when that sucker finally came out, I was king of the world.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious why anyone would think asparagus would cleanse the kidneys or watermelon, peeing, sitting soaking in your pee, and a warm bath(thanks pee!) would dissolve kidney stones.

[/ QUOTE ]
As the legend goes, the watermelon does the work. I think the bath is just to both relax your body and give you an alternative to rushing to the toilet every few minutes. I know it all sounds very silly though.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:08 AM

Oops, the product is Lithonal, I misspelled it earlier.