Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: JJ woes. Two 3/6 hands I surely need help with.

[ QUOTE ]
you will near never set a random 9 or draw there, at least not at the 600s. That's usually a set. And by usually i mean 90%+ of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more likely to be AA/KK I figure.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:21 AM

I have no experience at the 600s, but in the 400s if you raise big from the blinds you will almost always take the pot on the flop, and betting full pot is just throwing away extra money -- they know exactly what you're representing and will only play if they can beat it. I generally bet around 60-70% pot unless there's something very unusual about the board. A bet of that size is enough that attempting a bluff-raise will be pretty expensive. Not many people want to risk a quarter of a buy-in to see if you're capable of laying down AA on a dry flop.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 AM

im agreeing with the others who said you might not want to raise JJ from the big blind. in this particular hand you have 3 limpers, atleast one person will probably call a raise and maybe two. Makes your flop play more difficult. Secondly, you being in BB are out of position.