Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Do players iso-raise short stacks at PP20? i.e., should I r-r w KQ

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 obviously has a hand which he feels he has showdown potential as he's trying to isolate UTG. What hands could he possibly have that are behind to your KQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 is confident of showdown potential against UTG. UTG's range includes the entire top 50% of pre-flop hands. Therefore, UTG+1's range includes hands that are behind KQo as well as hands that are ahead of KQo but will fold to a r-r.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 obviously has a hand which he feels he has showdown potential as he's trying to isolate UTG. What hands could he possibly have that are behind to your KQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a $20 not a $215, you're giving your opponents WAY too much credit. I doubt UTG+1 is folding to a re-raise here, calling standards are way loose. Also you're assuming UTG+1 realises UTG's range is top 50%. I don't think he'd pull this move with QJ, JT etc... I mean, would you? In my opinion MY range for re-raising UTG+1 here is TT+, AQ+... you have plenty of chips to let this one go.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you think UTG+1 is salivating over 350 chips with a bunch of people to act behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually his raise is about an even-money proposition b/c of the blinds. In any case, his position, as well as the expense involved in trying something fancy against him, has me coming over to your point of view, I think.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+1 is confident of showdown potential against UTG. UTG's range includes the entire top 50% of pre-flop hands. Therefore, UTG+1's range includes hands that are behind KQo as well as hands that are ahead of KQo but will fold to a r-r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. This is a fold.