Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Short Video

[ QUOTE ]
A7o on button, one caller in front, you raise (?) and also call SB's raise afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play it the same way - limper is also extremely loose.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:59 PM

what about folding OESD on the turn $72:$10 with 6-8outs

Admitedly its 77 on 89TK but even so, i dont see you losing is a Jack comes 3way nor if a diamond fell.

Ok, its marginal but... Hmm I dont think i like the fold.

Reasoning?

p.s. gee you got some nice flops during this video!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:11 PM

3 hands I would have played differently, but that probably means I have something to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

First one, a 60/36 (46 hands) CO raises, 52/32 (46 hands) SB calls. You fold A6o in the BB. I probably would have called here.

Second, button limps you raise AK preflop in the BB and lead a 236 2 club flop. Button folds SB calls. Turn is Q spades you check behind and check behind on the river. I probably would have bet one of those 2 streets. Was your thought that he probably peeled with overcards and that he'd fold a hand you beat on the turn and call with a made hand?

Third, 55/31/1.36 over 56 hands completes, you check QTo in the BB. I would have raised for value.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's another one I was talking about over AIM, and they thought it was a bet too. I was thinking more along the lines of "I 3 bet PF so I am less likely to be ahead" but maybe I should have been thinking more along he lines of "it's SB versus BB so he could have anything"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I didn't remember that part. You were BB and 3-bet the SB's raise? I think that makes it a bit closer of a call. Most people aren't folding many aces in this spot, especially with what I remember of that board. PPs aren't folding. Maybe you fold KQ, KJ, QJ, ect. The danger is, I think, if you get c/red on the turn. With the T of clubs, it would really suck to get c/red here since you are often drawing very live. For some reason I feel like its not as bad when you have the A of clubs, but I really can't articulate why.

What if you do give a free card? If villian has a PP, this is good as you aren't getting a turn fold anyways. If villian has a big ace, its good since you have a lot of outs (if one of them isn't a club). If he has a small ace, he only has 3-outs, a free card won't kill you here, but you miss a value bet. I dunno, I've kind of confused myself, maybe I need to go back and look at that hand again.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:35 PM

geez, now I know why I only 2 table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

is KTo a standard blind steal for you vs those two loose guys?

Also, I couldn't make the read that stealing with K4s would be correct. (nice suckout on the river there though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 11-26-2005, 08:37 PM

i hate the a7 peel. your gutshot is to the ass end of a 4 card straight on the board, villian will often make a better straight when you do. your ace outs are tained. you have very little going for you.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:14 PM

Bottom right game 5:10 in the video. SB open completes, you check? Flop 778. he bets, you fold.

I raise this every time preflop. You have a better hand and better position.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:18 PM

yeah if I peel the flop I should peel the turn too. I probably decided somewhere in there that I didnt like my flop peel, or maybe I was foolishly hoping for a free card some of the time with my flop peel.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 hands I would have played differently, but that probably means I have something to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

First one, a 60/36 (46 hands) CO raises, 52/32 (46 hands) SB calls. You fold A6o in the BB. I probably would have called here.

hmm, maybe I have something to learn here. I guess I've just been conditioned to think the low offsuit aces are trash. I've shaken that perception when I'm in LP and have initiative, but do they hit enough flops to defend?

Second, button limps you raise AK preflop in the BB and lead a 236 2 club flop. Button folds SB calls. Turn is Q spades you check behind and check behind on the river. I probably would have bet one of those 2 streets. Was your thought that he probably peeled with overcards and that he'd fold a hand you beat on the turn and call with a made hand?

I should have bet here I think. this was another one I got schooled for over AIM as well.

Third, 55/31/1.36 over 56 hands completes, you check QTo in the BB. I would have raised for value.

I raise a lot of aces and kings here, but I should start raising this too. in fact its probably more important to raise this because I want the pot before showdown a lot, while still having some decent equity

[/ QUOTE ]

good comments.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
geez, now I know why I only 2 table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

is KTo a standard blind steal for you vs those two loose guys?

Also, I couldn't make the read that stealing with K4s would be correct. (nice suckout on the river there though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I'd raise KTo against them not expecting the blinds too often, but I have a good hand, position, etc. I don't hate it if they call at all.

K4s is the lowest Kxs I'd steal with unless both blinds were tight, and yeah I was folding the turn UI. river goot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]